1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Avago V's Brissy Waters

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by reelaxation, Jan 30, 2017.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Took my mate Pete out for a blast on the last last Friday around the local chasing bream and flatties.
    Struggled to find fish initially tried the flats and around Koolewong, then decided to drift past the racks and nailed the first fish in real close- the breeze kept pushing us in close to the racks so we had to keep moving the boat accordingly to maintain the drift, we did another pass for nil so we moved to Gosford rail bridge.
    Passed over a big school of bream in transit and the sounder said all over 35cm but got spooked and we wouldn't find them again despite slowly motoring around the vicinity.
    After a very quick fishless stint at the bridge we moved to one of the channel markers and anchored up and waited... Right on the top of the tide my baitrunner went screaming off but the fish spat the hook. Rebaited and cast to the same are and a few minutes later was on to a solid fish which we boated and just before the wind started pushing us all over the place and it was then time to head back and clean the fish and wash the old girl.
    Super stoked to get out and get a couple of fish for the effort. flatties_27012017_Brisbane_Waters.jpg flatties2_27012017_Brisbane_Waters.jpg Pete_Flattie2.jpg

2. strikem

strikem Active Member

May 5, 2008
    Gosford-Saratoga area
    Nice place to live and fish,was there a year ago and said i'd live there too.
    Caught enough for a feed

reelaxation likes this.
  3. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Nice report and pic's. Good to see you're back on the water.

reelaxation likes this.
  4. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Yeah it was great to be back on the water after the dramas with the gearbox now sorted, hopefully get out over this weekend coming and drag some lures around Broken Bay- I have heard reports of pelagics hanging inshore around the headlands, including some very nice Bonito and Frigates so "hopefully" get to spin up a few and get some real drag pullers on the bream gear to get the adrenalin pumping :p