1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Beautifull damsel rescues distressed old fart.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Madfisher, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    What a day, I was supposed to start work at 1.30pm, so had a bit of a sleep in, and sdid not get up till 7.45am, at 7.50am work rings Pete , Orange needs the small pantach urgently its going out at 9.00am. Quickly finish dressing, take a hand full of pills and bolt out the door. When I get to the office I am asked to bring the 54CU m large Pan back to Bathurst. Yep no worries. While in Orange I grab a small car and go get a coffee and something to eat. Get back to the Orange office, O pete by the way they want you to go to Musellwellbrook to pick up a hilux ute, hmmm getting a bit late , but no worries.
    Get back to Bathurst, ditch the big truck and jump in a Corrolla Hatch, it 10.50am when i leave, Get to Mussellbrook at 2.00pm to find the lady has the keys, but the ute is in Singleton 40 min away grrr. And I have to find the place as they have moved.
    Get to singo just after 3.00pm, find the ute, ditch the corrolla , jump in the hilux go to start it, and the battery is low, light come on, but the motor only just turns over, double grrrr.
    Ring the lady up in Mullesbrook, she will be here in a hour and has a jump starter. Now there is one of those car washs in front of the office, and about 30 mins later a black hilux ute turns into our drive way to go to tjhe wash(shared). I was expecting a young bloke , so put my hand up to signal her to stop. Put the window down, and i see one of the prettiest young girls i have seen in ages. I ask her if on the off chance she might have jumper leads, She relpies ( Sure thing mate) She lines her ute up next to mine, the batterys are both on the left hand side , and i did not think they would reach, but she produces a set of extra heavy duty , extra long leads. I hook them up, and my ride home roars into life, i was so gratefull i felt like hugging her, but managed to restrain my self. Thank her profusely, and go going at 3.50pm, then notice only a quarter of a tank of fuel, I filled up in jerrys plains, and got home after another great coffee at Bylong at 7.30pm.
    Last 100ks was getting a bit tired but got home safely
    Pete

2. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Haha what no pic (girl)

3. Madfisher

Aug 14, 2016
    Ha ha, not sure how that would have gone down. Veery pretty girl, even though she had farm clothes on, and a very down to earth atitude

4. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Yes now that is a rare breed these days

5. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I'm jealous, wish it were me.
    No doubt you 'explained to Sal' about the damsel and
    why you were late coming home?????
    Did she check for long hairs on your clothing?????
    Noel

6. Madfisher

Aug 14, 2016
    I rang Sal to explain the ute had a flat battery, then rang again to tell her this beautiful girl had rescued me, but she did not believe me , lol.
    Pete

blair, creekboy, Tackleberry and 2 others like this.
  7. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I wouldn't be believed either Pete
    Noel

8. ratherbefishin

ratherbefishin Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Wow, that is one mission of a day! It did finish on the right note though.....maybe karma is a real thing. :)

Good to hear you got home safe, especially after that much driving.

blair, creekboy and Madfisher like this.
  9. Madfisher

Aug 14, 2016
    Over 700ks mate, and a late start was the problem.
    Pete

blair and creekboy like this.