1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Bender vs the channels!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Rod Bender, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    My fav channel ceased to flow over a week ago...flatlined I guess you could say.
    main flow.PNG
    The irrigation season starts again on August 16th. Until then I pass my time in the Nine Mile Creek as well as the Goulburn River which has now settled down. Seven Creeks as well as Spring Creek near Strathbogie and Hughes Creek near Avenel may also be likely targets.
    cheers
    Team Bender

2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    You had me worried there Jim, I thought it was your latest test result. Cheers, Lyall.

3. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Most people on Facebook will have seen the results of the electro-fishing so far (Victorian fisheries removing native fish from drained irrigation channels around Shepparton). Whilst I am not on facebook, I can still see posts and some impressive fish have been removed. I am not sure which day this fish come out but I know last Friday 4 x 1metre cod were removed and placed into the Goulburn...about 20 metres upstream of where I fish it! There doesn't seem to be that many blackfish this year.
    channel cod.jpg
    After hearing from my southern channel correspondent that channel levels there were lower than expected, I went out on an unarmed recon. A rather dismall site at one of my more popular haunts although there is still a reasonable amount of water downstream.
    reg 45.jpg
    The lower levels upstream can be explained by this channel being on...if only to drain the 'main' channel.
    flow 45.jpg
    I find it amusing that so many anglers drive over these channels with NFI what is in them...as they head for the Goulburn's cod! Anyway, most of the channel cod are gone now and VFA and GMW as well as volunteers have done a great job.
    cheers
    Team Bender

4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Excellent stuff.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  5. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 likes this.