1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Broken...going black?

Discussion in 'Fishing in Victoria' started by Rod Bender, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi Peeples
    The following was posted on the Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority's Facebook page last Wednesday. There was a follow up post in the afternoon saying that tests had been done and that they showed the dissolved oxygen levels were OK at that time. Nothing has been mentioned since. I wonder if the heat will affect this mass of water as it passes down the Broken River system...and if it will turn deadly! No news is good news at this time!
    cheers
    Jim

Blackwater GBCMA.JPG
    Blackwater 1.jpg
    Blackwater 2.jpg

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  2. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Thanx for the info benderzz:) First i'd heard about it,doesn't look good in them pic's .As far as i know,heat lowers dissolved oxygen levels anyway. Let's hope it don't get too low and another kill occurs.

Team AWL
    In training for comp's (beer drinking smilie would be here if we had one) too hot to do anything else.

creekboy, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hope the increase in flow helps the situation, it does not look too good in the pics. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    No further news on this so...no news is good news!:)

kev209 and creekboy like this.