1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Camper trailers

Discussion in 'Camping, Carravanning & 4x4' started by Wunderlust, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Wunderlust

Wunderlust Active Member Admin

Jul 9, 2007
    Ok - i have it inmy head now-I WANt a camper trailer - nottoo sure whatkind but like advernture campers and pioneercampers. They all seem pricey tho - any oter ideas :unsure:? i'm in WA.

Tim

2. Timbo

Timbo Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Hi Tim
    This can be a massive decision on what to buy. So many people make them now. It will come back to how much you want to spend or what you can afford and what you want to do with it. The pioneer and Kimberly campers are an excellent unit and do very well off road but are very pricey. If you dont want an off road version you should be able to get one a bit cheaper. You need to look around to work out want you want in one ie kitchens, water tanks & pumps, off road or on road, boat carriers, as well as suspension either leaf or coil or combination. ;)
    Good luck

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  3. Dave7660

Dave7660 Bream on poppers = Heaven

Oct 19, 2006
    G'day Tim
    One big part of the decision making process should be how quick and easy it is to set up and pack up. A camper trailer version of the Hilton is great if you are staying a while but a real pain if you are trekking and doing some quick over nighters.
    Regards, Dave.

4. Wunderlust

Wunderlust Active Member Admin

Jul 9, 2007
    Cheers guys -0 I want it all! Seriously tho - ease of putting it up along with the sink and the water tanks etc. I will do some more research and this has given me some good pointers but one thing is for sure - I want it to be robust and last a while.

Tim

5. coat

coat New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    If you had the cash i would recommend a kimberly kamper.. They are dear but do hold there value really well... In some cases a two year old model can be worth just as much if not more than was bought for.. My olds have the classic model and are more than pleased with it.. Ive taken it away a bit and real east to put up for the nite or if there for a few days put up the annex.. .If you have a camping show near you go and have a look as the are so many options these days

6. shanep

shanep New Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Hi Tim,

You get what you pay for. If you want a camper that is offroad and will last. Check out the all terrain camper trailers. I have one and it's brilliant. If you are thinking f going to cape york or similar make sure your camper is well built. Alot of them say they are off road campers but would be lucky to make it on a dirt raod.

I know all terrain make their trailers and canvas, which is bery rare these days.

Good luck

Shane

7. juiced

juiced New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    i am also looking to buy a camper trailer and i'm leaning towards the Cub Drover. Has anyone got any pro or cons on these?

gedatly appreciated.

8. juiced

juiced New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    *greatly**