1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Cunningham Pier Geelong

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Jun 9, 2019.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Our Daughter is over from the States for a couple of weeks and what a great time were having. She heads home next Sunday BUGGER.
    She is a Bomber supporter, our grand kids and son in law are mad cat fans. On Thursday we went to the Cattery and she picked up some goodies to take home for the kids.
    You can't go to Geelong without paying a visit to Saint Helens and Cunningham Pier.
    There were a few fishing at Saint Helens, the fisho I was talking to had quite a few decent hits but no hook ups.
    A big surprise when we got to Cunningham Pier, the parking ticket machines have gone.
    I had a bit of a chat to an Asian gent who was fishing with a few others said the machines have been gone for a few weeks.
    Now you pay at a little ticket box as you enter the Pier. $12 a day.
    There is a sign with the parking rates displayed near the ticket box but I didn't see it till we were driving out the gates.
    The Asian gent said there is a man on duty at the ticket box from about 6am till around 2pm daily.
    The Asian gent I had been talking to was catching silver Trevally about 25 cm in length. I didn't see his fishing companions catch anything.

2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Kev. So did the new cart get its first run or not? Cheers, Lyall.

Master Baiter and kev209 like this.
  3. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Not this time Lyall, no rods permitted

creekboy likes this.
  4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Kev, one of the reasons they put parking fees on Cunningham pier, was to stop the students who attend Deaken Uni which is just over the road and part of the old Woolen Mills, from parking there all day.
    GO CATS.
    Wally

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    creekboy and kev209 like this.