1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

DAIWA FREAMS LT

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Tackleberry, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Gday all has anyone got one of these ...... if so do you rate it .

Cheers TAC

blair likes this.
  2. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    Well I took the gamble and bought one in the 2000 size have not had a chance to fish yet but having a bit of a play I do really think it will give all of my stradics a big run for the money and at $219 at the moment it's a bargain I do know one bloke around here who used to fish on that ABT the Australia bream tournament TV show he's got a rew of them and reckons for the money they are unbeatable time will tell cheers
    TAC

3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I don't think you can go wrong with a Daiwa no matter what reel, that looks a really good choice plenty of drag. What are you putting on it Braid or Mono? Have you seen the Suffix Advanced Mono specs worth a look it is all I use now have been using it for about a year now and personally love it. Let us know how it goes.
    Wally

Tackleberry likes this.
  4. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    G'day Wally the reel is going on a 1 to 4 kilo Shimano Jewel beautiful rod I have already used it with a 1000 size Stradic and as I said I can't wait to get out , line is suffix braid 2 lb yes hopefully I'll be able to Christen it very soon ......

Cheers TAC

Master Baiter likes this.
  5. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    Well I went out to try the new reel must be a bad luck piece I could not steal a Brim let alone catch one oh well next time ......
    20200708_160359.jpg

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    That looks a great light set up and it looks very nice as well.
    Wally

Tackleberry likes this.
  7. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    It's not bad Wally funny thing is it is only 2 oz lighter than my Pflueger rods and Stradic 2500 reels but where it wins is all the weight is at the bottom end , from the for grip up the rod is less than half the weight of the pflugers gives you the Illusion that its an ultralight outfit a pleasure to cast and work absolute pleasure ......

Master Baiter likes this.