1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Disposing of carp in Vic!

Discussion in 'Fishing in Victoria' started by Rod Bender, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi all
    Reading through the new 2017 fisheries guide and I see a welcome addition in the section referring to carp! They say dead carp can be returned to the water. They do say to cut the carcass so it sinks. Great to see it in the guide.

I have always returned the dead ones to the water but haven't said much online about it as all the wanna be Facebook marine biologists will jump down my throat. I must also say why I have always done it as well, because the rules previously stated that they could not be returned alive...thus meaning dead is fine. I also checked with fisheries officers.and they said it is fine.

So yeah, rot in your watery grave carp!
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Promotes catch and release of (dead) carp!

diesel, AWL, Lazyfisher and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lazyfisher

Lazyfisher Active Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I haven't caught a carp this cod season yet think its because of the bigger hooks and heavy line I've been using they can be pretty smart those mud suckers

diesel and kev209 like this.
  3. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    I too have been the victim of mindless attack's online for my handling of carp in victoria due to my beliefs.

I'm never joining another pommie carp forum again.

4. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Nothing wrong with your carp handling mate, pretty much the same as mine, cheers davo;)

kev209 likes this.