1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Drive on trailer

Discussion in 'Boats' started by Garfield28, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Garfield28

Garfield28 Member

Nov 27, 2017
    G'day all,

I have a piece of crap spitfire aluminium trailer and the last roller (first roller) I make contact with when retrieving my boat damages my hull if I'm off just a touch as I hit the steel bracket that holds the roller. A couple of times I've hit it while trying to drive it up or even at times when I've tried to winch it up due to it missing the roller because of wind or current.

Just wondering if anyone here has had a similar problem and how they went about fixing it. I had considered an easy guide but not sure that will definitely help and they are about $200 so would rather come up with something I can possibly make myself to prevent me hitting that roller bracket when I wanna drive it up or even winch it up.

Thanks
    Geoff

kev209 and diesel like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    kev209 likes this.
  3. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
  4. Garfield28

Garfield28 Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Thanks heaps boys, I'll check them both out and hopefully they'll sort out the issue.

Geoff

Tackleberry and kev209 like this.
  5. Garfield28

Garfield28 Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Well the Ezi guide didn't work boys. Such a crap trailer mine, especially seeing I paid $4500 for the piece of junk.

The rollers at the back interfered with the end of the Ezi guide. Where it is situated is a real pain in the bum.

Open to any more ideas guys, and will try and load some pics now on my phone, failing that I'll do it on my computer when I get home.

I'm going to start another thread about buying a boat also as I'm over the big unit I have at present.

Thanks
    Geoff

kev209 and diesel like this.
  6. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    Can you put up a pic of the back of the trailer without the boat on it it would help .

kev209 likes this.
  7. Garfield28

Garfield28 Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Hi Tackleberry,

I have some that are not quite showing all of the rear of the boat, but they sort of explain it I hope.

Here are some pics

kev209 likes this.
  8. Garfield28

Garfield28 Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Having problems uploading the pics for some reason.

kev209 likes this.
  9. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    Your not the only one i have to use a inage host ......

kev209 likes this.
  10. Garfield28

Garfield28 Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Sux though as I cannot put the pics up to show you all.

What I will say tough is never ever buy a bloody spitfire boat trailer!! Not that yiu could buy one from where I bought mine anyway as they closed down within 6 months of me buying mine, how bloody convenient and product assured is that. rubbish. Not sold on the quality of the aluminium just yet but all of the steel components started to rust to buggery within a couple of months.
    Anyone wants pics or a reason not to ever buy one PM me.

I'll try and work on getting the pics up somehow.

Geoff

kev209 likes this.