1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

East Coast Snapper Research

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by mitchmcm, Feb 7, 2017.

1. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Calling all fellow fishers. Im conducting some research on the the population of snapper along the east coast of Australia, ranging from Wilsons Promontory in Victoria to their extent in Queensland. I am trying to get information regarding how technology advances including GPS, Sounders, New Lures, New Motors, etc, as well as looking at management decisions have affected the way people fish for snapper (Chrysophrys auratus, the pink snapper). I also want to get information on the historical side of the fishery looking at how catches have compared from at least 10 years ago until present. If this small description fits you it would be great to get in contact with you or anyone you know and by all means contact me via a PM for more information as well as calling me on 0448546703. The project is funded by the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation (FRDC) and will be published in scientific literature and an open access FRDC report. The information on its own will not lead to decision making on the fishery.

The data is collected by a 30-40 minute phone interview and all the information we can get will be invaluable.

Kind Regards,

Mitchell McMaster

kev209, AWL, Sprinter and 1 other person like this.
  2. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Good stuff Mitch this is awesome to hear some study into the Snapper fisheries on the east coast.
    Good Luck with the study mate.

kev209 and 209kev like this.
  3. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Hi All,

Still looking to gather more information, If you were contemplating it or know anyone who is keen, please contact me here, on my email mmcmaste@deakin.edu.au or via phone 0448546703. At worst you will get to chat to a super keen fisho which is always pretty sick haha

Cheers,

Mitch

kev209 and Sprinter like this.