1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

easter Long Weekend

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by cod_seeker, Mar 24, 2008.

1. cod_seeker

cod_seeker New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    how did you all go over the easter long weekend?:)

2. Owen

Owen New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I got one murry cod over the easter weekend in the murrimbidgee river in the ACT and plenty of pest carp:):cool::lol:

3. CodTaimer

CodTaimer Wicko

Feb 8, 2009
    Went across to Hay for our annual family fishing trip. River was 3.5meters higher than last year! Water was the dirty'st iv ever seen water. Had little luck at camp above the weir, but moved on and found a hole and got 16 Cod in 6 hours all between 40 and 63cm but mostly around the 50-54cm mark. Had a top weekend and came home with the trophy! Yeeha

4. mooredup

mooredup New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    headed to burrinjuck for the night of camping with the missus' family... got myself 3 yella's first for the season (and the season is almost closed) biggest went 38 smallest 29 was a good night... on shrimp in the shallowish sorta water.... biggest i heard from the comp was 47 Cm's if only i had a boat and didnt have to fish off the bank...

5. Timbo

Timbo Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Had a fish at Eppalock from the boat for a couple of hours one day for Zero hits:skeptical:
    Was chasing yellas but even a reddie would of done by the end. Not many people catching alot for those i spoke too.
    Water is at 20 deg C

6. jewiehaven

jewiehaven reelaxation

Jun 17, 2009
    Nailed a few good bream but the weather was not too kind for further adventures locally- but I sure had a blast with a good mate on some v.angry Bream, Taylor and a few small Whiting

7. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    was there much action on the bidgee mate?? i did near a full day on friday and sunday for three hits,and alot of work to get them three hits :wacko:

cheers

8. rosscoman

rosscoman New Member

Jan 28, 2010
    i was out near corowa on the murray on friday we got 3 cod the biggest 55cm and then on sat morning we noticed the river was starting to drop! it ruined the weekend after that the next 2 days we managed a 30cm yella 1 turtle and a crayfish that wouldn't let go of my yabbies head!

9. TomtButters5

TomtButters5 Just one more cast

Nov 30, 2009
    Headed up to Brogo dam chasen the bass with yella fella, caught 9 or so and a flathead and yella fella reckons a 4cm trout got hooked on his lure because he says it went for it, morre likely foul hooked it, great weekend it was

10. platypus01

platypus01 New Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I got a few redfin from Googong, a small golden from the Murrumbidgee in the ACT, and caught a carp on a spinnerbait as well! Not as good as last Easter, but I did catch something.

11. batman84

batman84 New Member

Sep 12, 2009
    went to the wakool river though murrabit got 5 small cod around the 45-55cm and about the 4cm as well got a few bream and carp as well.

12. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    batman do you mean a 4cm cod?

13. Owen

Owen New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    good effort

nice work batman84 good job ps. you cant catch bream in freshwater ;)

14. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    I'd say he meant silver perch, also called bream from time to time :p

15. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    maybe bony bream? (poddy cod, spangled perch call em whatever ya wont)

16. young_gun

young_gun New Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Good friday: got 2 yellas, missed another 3.

Easter Monday: fished the morning with a mate, got 12 fish between us, 6 cod and 6 yellas, biggest fish was a 63cm cod.

17. Centralcoastbasshunter

Centralcoastbasshunter Bass hunta

Dec 12, 2009
    Good managed a few lizards and bream :)

Julz

18. crowyfishes

crowyfishes New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    wasnt actually over easter long w.e but anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, went out along the macquarie river and got 4 cod ranging from 50 to 71cm, taken on spinnerbaits and surface lures.

19. batman84

batman84 New Member

Sep 12, 2009
    yeah a 4cm cod well the missus caught it. yeah silver perch sorry guys

20. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    haha awesome! on a line? my brother caught one that size in a shrimp trap that he had in the dam! it was great because it let us know they were breeding succesfully!