1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

End of season cod hunt!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by Rod Bender, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi all
    Was wondering if anyone has plans for one last attempt at cod before the season closes? I have a cunning plan which involves sitting down for half a day at the local Goulburn River whilst drowning scrub worms in a thinly veiled attempt to catch a cod! Which reminds me...I had better get back to Strathbogie for some more scrubbies and to refuel the car!:rolleyes:
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Any excuse to go to 'Bogie'!

Madfisher, kev209 and creekboy like this.
  2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    It sounds great,Jim. The amount of members that have been on line in the last week would not bring must interest though. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  3. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    I doubt i will get a chance having to work the next 2 saturdays.:(
    Good thing is can still chase them around over at eildon during closed season so will hopefully get a trip or 2 in over there once it warms up a bit.Mate has a 4.6m boat which makes it much easier if it blow's up a bit. Wouldn't mind getting up to lake william hovell again,haven't been there for years.

Team AWL
    workin' satday's so i don't have to go to the 'bogie

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    [y outQUOTE="Rod Bender, post: 60581, member: 5905"]Hi all
    Was wondering if anyone has plans for one last attempt at cod before the season closes? I have a cunning plan which involves sitting down for half a day at the local Goulburn River whilst drowning scrub worms in a thinly veiled attempt to catch a cod! Which reminds me...I had better get back to Strathbogie for some more scrubbies and to refuel the car!:rolleyes:
    cheers
    Team Bender[/QUOTE]

I'd be in that I wouldn't mind a day out

creekboy likes this.
  5. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Depends on when and where? Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  6. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I am not sure which 'event' you are talking about Kev! If you are in fact talking about the Strathbogie trip...I would advise against it on medical reasons! :cool: Believe me, them mountain women really do put a man under stress! If you are talking cod hunting...I will just be spending a day next week at the Goulburn at Shepp. Where I am likely to go has no toilets. But, if it suits...I could possibly do a day trip in the last week of August to Nagambie or Seymour. I have no idea of fishing spots at Seymour nor if it is cod country there. But I have seen a cod come out of Lake Nagambie...after it pulled my rod in. All I will say is in my case it may have to be a weekday as weekends I am rather stuffed with work.
    cheers
    Jim

7. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Late August is getting a bit close to our trip, but there will be others I hope

creekboy and Rod Bender like this.
  8. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    So...not long to go now before cod season closes here. I am planning a massive assault which will no doubt fizzle down to a whimper by the time it happens but I am going to have a crack! Anybody else going to have a go at cod before the season closes?
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Cod help me!

9. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yeah me, but I've already told you that, lol, I could turn up at your secret spot though, cheers davo