1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

EOFY Sales

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by diesel, Jun 16, 2018.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Over the past couple of weeks I have been bombarded with emails from those tackle joints that I deal with offering all sorts of great deals on gear and once again I have stuffed up by not waiting for this time of year to stock up on stuff.

Reels that I bought in the past 3 months have been discounted by $100 each by one company and those that I bought are still sitting in their boxes yet to be used.

Grrrr .......I've got to refrain from impulse buying........maybe next year.

Jeff

DeeBeeKay, AJ Fishman, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  2. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Jeff, good things come to those who... wait!...
    I can attest this as I was waiting on an ABU MuscleTip 6-8kg 10' beach rod to arrive at my local, and the story goes I ordered it but never heard back. So 2 weeks ago I finally get the chance to go in and get told I have to "wait for the new model" due out in early August. After some banter between the owner and myseld whose reply was "well if you were to order say an Adidas shirt and then a new one was coming in, you would wait for the new one..." to him I said no, I want the shirt and rod I ordered, not to wait... Needless to say he clearly didnt want to listen to me as one of the local "game fisho's" was waiting to oder a big bunch of tackle from him amd my measly 10' rod wasnt important enough for him to bother with after 5weeks... So, I headed don to another tackle shop while the wife was getting her hair done and I found the same rod same specs just a Silstar for $15 bucks cheaper than ol mate quoted me for the "old model ABU".
    ... I was chuffed and bought it as it was the last one in the rack and I can be happy soon as the bloody weather stops doing stupid arse **** and can get down the beach to chase some Taylor, Bream and 'Ting

Rod Bender, kev209, DeeBeeKay and 2 others like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I know what you're saying, Anthony, the attitude of some business owners comes straight out of the last century and with some, the century before that. Out here in the back blocks of central Queensland there seems to be a philosophy amongst business people that because we are "in the bush", we can't expect the same level of service that applies to the urban dwellers and it doesn't cut with me. The trader who fails to let me know what's going on should an order be delayed loses my business very fast - there is no excuse for bad communication.

Yesterday, I placed an order with a Chinese Ebay store for a pocket sized led UV torch, total cost including postage only $6.29. So far, I have received 3 emails from the trader, one to thank me for the order, another to advise that the order was on it's way and another wishing me and my family good fortune in everything we do. I had to laugh at the last one, but it shows a completely different attitude compared to a lot of Australian businesses and I only spent $6.29.

Silstar rods are very under-rated, I reckon. They are a tough rod, as good as you will get for taking the hard knocks, especially when fishing off the rocks. I bought an 8' 2 piece 6-8 kg stick recently to marry up to a Penn Spinfisher V 4500 that I had forgotten I owned. It will be a good outfit for working close inshore beach gutters and rocky headlands.

Jeff