1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Every Sunday is fishing day!

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by reelaxation, May 17, 2019.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    So not long ago my wife said I should go fishing more often and has approved for me to go every other Sunday

WOOHOO!!!

So, weather permitting it looks like I will get out more often, and should be able to post more reports for you lads.

Fish on!

Tight lines
    Anthony

diesel, Master Baiter, blair and 5 others like this.
  2. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    We must obey our wives!

diesel, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Well done Anthony. Go for it.
    Could you perhaps develop a time bank so that days lost due to inclement (lousy) weather are not lost forever?
    I actually plucked up courage to tell boss; 'I'm going fishing today', some time ago, with great fear and trepidation. With a bit of luck thrown in; I survived the ensuing battle and now go fishing when I choose. It seems to have worked but perhaps a dark future is unknowingly ahead. Will tackle that one when/if it happens but she actually went out in the boat recently and landed a whiting when we had a double hookup. Noel

blair, creekboy, diesel and 2 others like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Well, you are already half way there, Noel. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 and diesel like this.
  5. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    OK, it's not really part of Anthony's post but yesterday was Sunday and I DID go fishing.
    This going fishing has almost become a habit I have no intention of breaking. When I can/am able, a-fishing I shall go. Not only is there currently less domestic resistance the world is a new place. Planning to ask Bill to join me I said to Boss "Are you interested in coming up the river on Sunday"? She said she was. Now she has been in the boat but once in recent years and that was a week or so ago. Scaping myself off the floor I admitted to myself that it's fact stranger than fiction.
    Lunch packed, almost twice as much stuff on board (and she had no fishing gear), we dumped the boat off at the highway bridge a few minutes out of town. Several trailers were already parked and the expected weather conditions were A++. That happened too. Still air, cloudless sky; who'd want to be anywhere else. Between us, we pumped some worms, planning to chase a few whiting that are usually hard to find at this time. The water is now quite cold.
    Put two lines out and sat meditating for a while. Nothing happened. Half a dozen boats were in the area and we saw no action on any of them. All but one other boat suddenly disappeared back downstream.
    Said I to Boss; "A shift is needed" and started the watersnake. Had gone but 30 metres and I stopped. There was a slightly deeper hole in the channel; perhaps 1.2m rather than .75 where we have caught our recent fish. Boss asked why stop here? To me it just felt right and that's all I need to have a fish.
    I mentioned in another post that the water is gin clear and in my mind this makes the fish even more timid. Running two anchors out to hold Sandfly in a straight line; I put the lines out again. This time, with stealth in mind, keeping well away from the fishing area, a full cast (25m or so) from the boat. We had the first whiting within two minutes. These little fellows are school fish. If you are targeting them and get one; there is likely more of them.
    We never shifted again.
    Leaving mid-late afternoon, the worm supply ran out. The sandbar where we pump was only 30m away but we had our bag of fish. Most were around 33-35 which is excellent for them, and I thought there were 10 (limit) in the bag. I broke the law. On arrival at home there were 11 to clean. Legally of course we were OK because boss had her licence with her even though she never fishes.
    Wandering back to the ramp I threw some small plastics around and collected a small tailor, had two plastics bitten in half and then decked a flattie just over size. It was returned. We have enough fish at present.
    So ended a great day's fishing in a most pleasant part of our river, in perfect conditions and there was no other boats all day. Their loss. Moving thirty metres made all the difference.
    Will have to return again soon.
    Noel

Master Baiter, blair, diesel and 2 others like this.
  6. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Noel. This is starting to become a habit, going out and catching fish. Well done. Great that you and Jean are both getting some enjoyment from the outings. Cheers, Lyall. (Green with envy)

Master Baiter, blair, diesel and 2 others like this.
  7. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Lyall; if you can't catch a fish at Tuross most times, you're not a fisherman. The whiting have been the best ever (almost) this year. Flathead are a bit hard to find still. Not many left out there I feel. Noel
    Don't be jealous. I'm trying to make up for not being able to get out last year as I was in Canberra with medico around twelve times.

creekboy, blair, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  8. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    ALL IS FORGIVEN. Cheers, Lyall.

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  9. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Nothing to be forgiven for Lyall. I'm pleased if you get only a little interest from the waffling.
    Remember; if we cut out all the philosophical nonsense; if you don't catch fish; there's little point in going fishing.

kev209 and creekboy like this.
  10. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Sadly the weather hasnt permitted me to head out recently- big swells and strong onshore winds have made beach fishing near impossible.
    Also I have started a new job - so while I was "unemployed" I went for a flick around my local chasing bass and EP's- I did hook up but it spat the hook after a very short tussle in very close quarters amongst the mangroves way up my local creek- then a few casts later I lost my only prawno jnr lure which was semi floating... SPEWING!

Hoping to get out on Monday on the public holiday weather permitting - hopefully I can get some fish and a report up.

Cheers lads

Anthony

diesel, Master Baiter, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  11. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Good luck. No, good fishing. Never believe in luck. It's not reliable. Noel

12. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Thanks Noel I will put up a report if I catch anything

13. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, all. Luck of the bad variety seems to be pretty reliable across the board at the moment. Cheers, Lyall.

diesel and kev209 like this.