1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Finally got out

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by Madfisher, May 12, 2020.

1. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    For the last couple of months We have been getting some rain and our two main large irrigations dams have started a slow rise, Wyangala having risen from 8% to 14.6% and starting to cover some grass, weeds etc.
    Michael had the day off , Sal is on holidays , so the plan was for Michael and I to polaroid some carp on the edges and Sal to relax and bait fish. The trip in entails a bit of 4eding which adds to the trip. We went out on a piont and I help Sal set up, Then Michael walked due south, and i walked back up into Quart pot bay looking for edge feeders. While i was up the back of the bay i could hear the sound of large turbo props but could not see anything, then got a glimpse of one just above the horizon. I could not see any activity and walked back to see how Sal was going, she was smiling like a chesire cat, she had a fat 10lb p[lus carp on the bank and a few small ones and released the silver. the pelicans has also arrived waiting for dinner to be served.
    I decided to strike out south to find Michael, found him 20 mins later, he had had enough and was going back to bait fish with his Mum. I keep going for a while the air temp was warm over 20c , so was surprised there was no activity. Then I heard the deep rumble again and two hercs flew over me at about 500 feet, then gave up and went back to jion the other two.
    We put half the rods on a rocky point for natives, and half back into the bay to cull some carp. We finished up with 8 carp, 2x silver Perch a nice little Golden Perch(which I kept and cooked in foil on the BBQ, so nice) and a real surprise a lovely Cod in the low 50s which we got a pic and returned. All in all a great day, i think i will go dig some worms and do it again tomorrow.
    Cheers Pete

creekboy, blair, Rod Bender and 2 others like this.
  2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Pete. Getting out was the prime importance, the fish were only a bonus. Cheers, Lyall.

3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    My wife and I got out today, but not fishing. We just went for a nice little 178km cruise with a lunch stop in a park in Wallan, and came home very refreshed. Cheers, Lyall.

blair, kev209, diesel and 2 others like this.
  4. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    LOl, I often do that for work. Yesterday Bathurst to Orange, pick up a 12 seat bus then off to mudgee via wellington, checked out a few fishing spots visually. Dropped bus off in Mudgee , picked up a Quashqai in Mudgee, drove home to Bathurst.
    Good to just get out mate, although we are going for a fish tomorrow with our adult kids.
    Pete

blair, creekboy, kev209 and 1 other person like this.