1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Fishcare Victoria

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Feb 6, 2019.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I was talking to a gentleman from Fishcare Victoria yesterday, up till then I had never heard of organisation. After a quick look at there website which I found interesting I was wondering if anyone has had dealings with Fishcare.

2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    In my quest for learning all things to do with fishing in the Land of Oz, the name Fishcare Victoria had popped up somewhere along the line, Kev, but I assumed it was just an arm of your State Fisheries down there.

If anybody on the forum would have had dealings with them, it would be Bender. Besides him being totally responsible for many disputes here in the House of Diesel due to his recommendations that I purchase all sorts of things (someone has to take the blame), he often posts info on seminars, conferences and other secret gatherings of fishy type people. He would know of this organisation.

Jeff

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    blair, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Jeff. Good thinking there. Cheers, Lyall.

diesel, blair and kev209 like this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    hey diesel better not ever let R.B and your bride be in the same room! he is obviously in a lot of trouble for forcing u to buy all that fishing gear!

5. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It's not just the fishing gear Blair, I pointed the finger at him when the bride questioned me about the new chainsaw I recently purchased. She wanted to know why I needed a new one when I already had one in the shed. Rather than try and conjure up some believable reason, I just muttered the word "Bender" - enough said.

I'm sure she has a dossier labelled 'The Bender Files' where she enters all these incidents and one day...................

Jeff

6. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I'm lucky, Lyn lets me buy all the fishing gear I can hide

blair, creekboy, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Hope you have a good cover story if she finds it Kev. Whenever I buy anything new and sneak downstairs and am quietly and discretly unpacking or fiddling whith it Kerrie always appears looking through opening "how much was that?" its like she has kind of super 6th sense that I have a new toy and quickly zeros in on it.

8. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I have bumped into the 'fishcare' guys' I think...at the trout opening festival a few years back. I am not sure where they fit into the picture but I don't think they are part of Vic fisheries.

One group I have recently become involved with is Native Fish Australia (NFA)...their Vic branch. They have a small hatchery in Bundoora and contribute a lot to native fish rehabilitation including non-angling species.

I was to attend my first meeting last night but due to a very stormy forecast, I didn't attempt the four hour round trip. A long way to go for a meeting but when I do start attending, me thinks I will make a day trip out of it.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Needs to find my own woman to annoy.

creekboy, kev209, blair and 1 other person like this.
  9. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Have you tried Ebay :D

10. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Jim, there's an old sheila down the road from me who has been looking for a bloke - I call her 'Cousin It', hair down to her knees, don't think she's had a haircut or a bath in a long time, but she might scrub up alright. I can put in a good word for you if you like. :rolleyes:

I think she might even have an old tinny in her yard, so that's a bonus.

Jeff

11. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I know a mountain woman that likes mountain men, and fishing. I will get to look u up if u like R.B