1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Fishing Lake Nagas!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Rod Bender, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Well, Lake Nagambie! Hi all, myself and Dangerous Dave had a fish last Friday night at Nagambie. I was using yabbies for bait, Dave had worms and cheese as well as casting lures at times. There were a lot of people around...including kids swimming where we were setting up to fish. As the light faded, we had the place to ourselves.

dave 18.jpg
    my rod 18.jpg
    I had a couple decent bites on yabbies and Dave was getting frequent bites on worms and cheese. Yet as darkness arrived, we had no fish. So...we kept fishing!
    creek lights 1 18.jpg
    The bites had slowed a bit and then the bell on my rod rang....and kept ringing! As I was walking towards it I saw the bell/glow stick launch into the water. I said, "There goes my bells" and then Dave said, "There goes the rest of it"! Yep...a brace on the steel rod holder that prevents the rod from pulling out had failed. So I watched my rod (T-Curve and Shimano Twinpower) launch into the lake!

As I only use one rod, I asked Dave if he could have a cast and see if he could snag my rod...and he did on his first cast! Not happy with snagging my line (the easy option), he hooked my rod! Fish was still on so then round 2 took place! It ended up being a cod around the 53 cm mark! Not claiming it myself as I lost it originally! A strange and funny end to a good night!
    Nagas lights 18.jpg
    I will definitely be doing a return visit!
    cheers
    Team Nagas!

2. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Great pic's there bender:cool: Under salvage laws i think the rod,reel & fish are all dd's:(

3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Alls well that ends well. At least you were fishing with a good mate. Cheers creekboy.

kev209, AWL and Rod Bender like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Went for another run to Nagas last night! I didn't bother fishing myself but took two of my mates sons there to have a go. Met up with Dangerous Dave as usual. Dave did well as I was running late, he had to claim the picnic seat where we fish on his own! He valiantly fought off a couple tourist families until we arrived, although I guess this is why we call him DD!

It was a rather hot day and the barometric pressure was around 1012 hPa and rising slowly. Dave had his usual corner staked out!
    rod.JPG
    The boys moved around a bit and tried different spots with lures. They hooked a couple redfin but lost them on the bank.
    fishing.JPG
    At the end of the night (we left around 11) we had nothing to show! A couple bites on bait and that was it. Lots of people around annoying us and I don't think I will go back there until the holidays are over.
    cheers
    Team Nagas

Sprinter, diesel, AWL and 1 other person like this.