1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Flood

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by chicka, Mar 30, 2010.

1. chicka

chicka New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Hi
    Was checkin' out Current Afair interviews with farmers in the nth and central west showing the vast inland body of water moving sth.Will this reach the Darling and Murray basins,
    I hope so,as they have been in a desperate state for many years.Flooding in the Nth.and fires in the Sth.
    Cheers

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    lets hope so Chicka :)

3. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    i do believe some will all though most will be following another drainage basin through to lake eyre (please anybody correct me if im wrong).

4. Rusty Can

Rusty Can New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Extensive major rural flooding is occuring along the lower Paroo River
    downstream of Wanaaring. The flood peak passed Goorimpa Station on Thursday
    last week [25/3/10], where it was reported to be slightly less than that
    experienced in the 1990 flood. The flood peak is approaching the Tongo Lake
    area. Flooding is across an estimated 50 to 60 kilometre front in this area.

Major rural flooding of this lower area is expect to last into late April, at
    least.

At Wanaaring the flood situation is easing with minor flooding. Possible further
    flooding of local roads from Cuttaburra Creek flows is being closely monitored

BOM....Flood Warning - Paroo River

Paroo water should reach the Darling surely. RC

5. DT

DT New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Any water down this way is a bonus , but i think its a little to late for it , not so much for the lower section of the Murray but the Coorong itself

6. Jordo

Jordo New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    gotta love us in queensland hey we send her all down your way, unlucky me has to go back shearing out at cunnamulla now though :(