1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

From Donuts to burnt toast

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Jul 5, 2019.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I spent a couple of very relaxing hours at a local lake today, and chalked up another Donut. While there I was told that the lake may not get stocked anymore. I have heard this all before, but this time the ball has started rolling. I would say the reasons for this are political. I have fished the other family fishing lake near home on a few occasions so I still have somewhere to drown worms.

2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    How reliable is the person who told you? Why do you think it is political? Also, are there carp in there? If so, I wouldn't worry about it too much as you can still chase them. I think I remember you pledging revenge on a largish carp that broke you off a while ago!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Asks the hard questions!

3. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Hi Jim, The lake is situated within the Botanic Gardens, The friends of the Botanic gardens are very nice people, but there are a few anti fishos among them, everyone is entitled to there opinion. The person who told me about the stocking is very high up at the gardens so he would know what is going on.

4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    What did they stock it with, Kev.

Jeff

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Hi Jeff, they stock it with Rainbows, 500 twice a year.
    The other lake where I will be fishing in the future, they stock it with 600 Rainbows twice a year.
    This lake is one of the suburban lakes to be stocked by VFA with Murray Cod, Silver and Golden Perch in the near future. Also Melton weir is on the list to be stocked.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    diesel and creekboy like this.