1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Golden perch stockings...Victoria!

Discussion in 'Fishing in Victoria' started by Rod Bender, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi all
    As the title suggests! Posted on Facebook yesterday! I can not believe how the stocking program in Vic is thundering along! My local area is benefitting immensely! Stockings into Boosey Creek at Katamatite!:) Upstream of a creek I fish...the Nine Mile Creek! The Sevens Creek at Euroa!:cool: Lake Victoria at Shepparton! Another couple Shepparton lakes that I have never heard of! Kialla Lakes! Hell, they would likely stock my bathtub if I asked them! :eek:
    GP stocking 1.JPG

creekboy, AWL and kev209 like this.
  2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    You must know the right people in the right places Jim. All that stocking at your back door. We had a look at the Kialla Lakes when we were thinking of moving to Shep. If I remember right they have fishing platforms, but not much shade, things could have changed since we were there

Rod Bender and creekboy like this.
  3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Can you get them to put a few hundred in the Plenty River behind my place Jim?. Cheers. creekboy.

Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Unless they occur there naturally...no!:) That's the thing...we are right in the middle of the area that the yellas occur naturally so yeah, we get them. Fisheries policy with stocking natives is to stock them where they occur naturally. Hence we don't get bass here!

Kev...the lake is still rather 'shadeless' I think!
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Fisheries influencer!

AWL, creekboy and kev209 like this.