1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Great catch over $400.00 worth.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Went magnet fishing yesterday but not in the Lakes or streams but down my bore of some 50 feet.Yesterday morning I lost my venturie down the bore wondering how to get out then I thought magnet so off I go chose the 125kg over the 300kg magnet line on it is 20 metres 2mm thick breaking strain 550kgs. went back dropped it down the bore pulled it out easiiy along with a nut and a bolt. Best catch i have ever had in two years.
    Wally

2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    At least it wasn't a Donut.

Are all your problems fixed now Wally

creekboy and Master Baiter like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    What's the bore casing made of Wally? I'd have thought it'd be iron and a magnet would be useless in an iron casing, so obviously it's not iron. Has me intrigued :confused:

Jeff

kev209 and creekboy like this.
  4. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    No all my bores are 6''and 8'' PVC . Some are over 50 years so PVC has been used for a long time.
    Wally
    Are my problems over Nah went and mowed the chook paddock yesterday have not cut the grass all summer and it is 4' high so as Foxes cant see them, it is under irrigation when the bore pump is Ok. Anyway mower deck wheel came off I didn't know until my next lap with one almighty bang my wheel tyre is chopped up. Then I knew another problem has occured.

kev209, creekboy and diesel like this.
  5. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Well there you go, I didn't know that PVC was being used - always learning something new on TBX.

Just out of curiosity, are your bores metered down there? There has been talk about introducing meters up here for bores on domestic blocks and small acreage, but I don't think our local govt are ready for the backlash that they would cop from rate payers.

Jeff

6. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    I don't really know mine were registered so they would know about them. Dams have to be registered now and if they are not for Ag purposes you have to pay to have them.

7. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Very interesting, Wally. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 likes this.
  8. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    More good TBX stuff.

creekboy and kev209 like this.