1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Happy Easter

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Mar 30, 2018.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Have a Happy and safe Easter everyone

diesel, AWL, Madfisher and 3 others like this.
  2. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Likewise Kev and all other members, cheers davo

diesel, AWL, Madfisher and 2 others like this.
  3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2. Cheers, creekboy.

diesel, AWL and kev209 like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I find myself back at work today after 4 days off. Am not complaining as this suits me to be here when there are not many people around. I have Sunday off for family commitments. I am keeping an eye on the GMW website...the inlet channel is still flowing and I may go down for an hour tomorrow after work. But reality is if the knees are feeling like they are now, it may be too big an ask at the end of the working day. Even if I do go there is a possibility I may turn around and return without wetting a line if there is somebody else there although generally most people fish on the other side from me.

Anyway, it is Easter and I know it is a special time for many members so I hope you all enjoy the break.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Not going anywhere near Nagas this weekend...not even the Easter Bunny goes near Nagas this weekend!

diesel, AWL, creekboy and 3 others like this.
  5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Yes Happy Easter to you all. I wont be out fishing this week end looking at the traffic on Thursday all the boats caravans etc. Lots of visitors and luckily the fishing is great at the moment at both Nillha and Doon so I reckon fun to be had by all, so good luck and enjoy your break.
    Wally

diesel, AWL, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  6. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Happy Easter guys.
    I had a fish yesterday, went out to burraga dam for a sight fish on seriously big but cunning carp. Managed one about 8.5lb spooked about a doz. Caught on a woolly worm fly.
    Cheers Pete

diesel, AWL, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Have a good easter all. I am staying home avoiding the crowds and getting some maintenace done on my investment prop. hopefully get away on next new moon, might have a go at a cod I polaroided in a local dam while walking my dog.
    I will send a pic of my favourite carp fly , as soon as I get off my butt and take a pic.
    Cheers blair

Old fisho, creekboy, diesel and 4 others like this.
  8. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Happy easter everyone.Hope some of you are getting amongst the fishes.I certainly arent,but did have garlic prawns for tea tonight:)

9. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    We're in the midst of Easter, and the whole story behind Easter is sad but beneficial to all humanity. We wish you all good tidings.

At this time, there's no way will I go out on the lake here. It's a rat race of idiots. Nor do we normally get on the road. AWL: We struggled but got by with fresh south coast prawns and Tuross Lake flathead on Good Friday. Life's tough.

But we had an 'oldies' medical last week and Boss told the nurse lady she had a fall on one of our sets of garden steps, about which I knew nothing. When my turn came, nurse Vivienne said I had to immediately do what was necessary to prevent any possible falls in the garden. So Saturday morning, we drove to Batemans Bay Bunnings to collect a new kit to replace the existing (offending?) steps. Driving into Moruya, traffic was banked up for half a kilometre. It took a quarter of an hour to get through the little town. The 'Bay' was horrendous. We could not get a vehicle into Bunnings timber section, and there were no spaces left in the huge new car park. It took a long time to be served at registers. Boss was finally able to find a trolley and she wheeled the stuff to the car as I am not permitted to carry
    heavy
    stuff. On the way back around lunchtime, Moruya had stationary car lines over a kilometre long. Perhaps we had a need to be there, but being out there in that is truly crazy. One day last Christmas, there was a line of banked up vehicles from Moruya back to Coila Lake; a distance of about twelve kilometres. And it will get worse as there are several bridges at Moruya, B/Bay, and Nelligen, that will continue to restrict the traffic flow.

Next week it's off to hospital for a rather lengthy cardiac procedure, so may be off the air for a little while. Trying to catch up and say G'day to everyone before then, but am dreaming of getting out for a fish Thursday perhaps. There are signs that fishing days may soon be a thing of the past as I may not be permitted out on my own very often, if at all. I guess that's life, but I don't like it. The good news is I have received some options for the cover of my book that is going through publishing at present, so there's some good movement there. Enjoy the rest of Easter. Noel and the Boss.

diesel, creekboy and Madfisher like this.
  10. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    All the best for next week mate. I've noticed I'm slowing down a bit lately, I was going to have a go at that mongrel carp at the local lake, but the way I feel today I think I'll stay home with Lyn and our new little mate.

diesel, creekboy and Old fisho like this.
  11. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks Kev.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  12. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    You cant beat those freshly caught prawns for a feed, no comparison to the supermarket "fresh" ones that have been thawed out, + the fun of catching the buggers!
    The few prawns that are out this weekend must be terrified probably 1000 spotlights on each one, poor little things will probably be blind by the end of easter.
    Took me 2 hours to get home on thursday arvo instead of 1, unbelievable amount of traffic heading north, I felt safer on the construction site I just left than on the road.
    I am sure your "adjustments" will go good next week noel and you will come out like hercules and be reeling in and carrying around very heavy fish soon.
    There was a bloke and his son fishing the local dam this morning and as I cast my fancy surface lure around I watched him wind in his line and was curious as to what type of lure he was using, as it gradually came into view I was stumped as to what type of lure it was, it was red and longish whith a weird action, I was thinking probably some cunning new design it then drew into the bank and I reilized what it was: a bloody frankfurt!!! The bloke said he used to catch cod on them there 18 years ago.
    happy easter.

13. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I guess he caught none at that visit. Perhaps next time he could wrap it in a slice of bread and chuck on some tommy sauce. Then if he does no good, he'll still have a feed.

diesel, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  14. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    yep always good to have a plan b for a fishing session. My dog was eyeing it off and I luckily caught it in mid leap at the "lure". She kept following the bloke whith the rod though.
    Apparently he was catching cod up to 30lbs when he used to live nearby. Maybe I shouldnt let my dog swim there . May be some massive cod in there by now! I am upping from 15lb to 40lb outfit there from now on.
    Cheers

Old fisho, diesel, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  15. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    No skinny dipping in there , blair. Cheers, creekboy.

16. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    ha ha ha , no I wont , it could get painfull!

creekboy, Madfisher and kev209 like this.