1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Happy PB anniversary...to me!

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Rod Bender, May 5, 2018.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi all
    By chance I was showing someone my pics earlier today when I read the file name (date) on my PB trout...5/5/08! Today is my ten year anniversary when I tangled with this trout (a bit less than 60 cm's) which still remains my PB trout.
    080505 brown PB s.jpg
    It was captured at the inlet (Waranga Basin) where the Stewart Murray Canal tips in. I cast upstream with the Rapala CD5 Rainbow trout pattern lure and when the fish hit I thought I was snagged. It wasn't until the trademark head shakes kicked in and the 'snag' started to move that I realised something was amiss!

The fish then did a lightning run...right towards me!:cool: I took up the line then faced an intense battle for several minutes with a very 'green' fish over the last 4 or 5 metres of line retrieval!

The best thing of all...I got it on a Sunday after I had been at work that morning. I had bumped into one of my work colleagues who I had promised for a while that I was going to get her a trout. I told her I was going that arvo and I would get her one! In a nutshell, I think she was a bit skeptical and she 'whatevered' me!:mad: So...when I rang her that night and she answered...my first words were..."I hope you are hungry"!:cool:
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Never fails to satisfy!

2. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    well done it is better than my Traralgon creak trout of 56cm .....

3. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    A 56 cm trout out of a creek is impressive! My fish came out of an impoundment which of course you generally expect to get larger trout...that is what I have always thought anyway.
    cheers
    Jim

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Happy Anniversary Jim. Cheers, creekboy (Lyall).

Old fisho, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  5. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    A nice solid looking jack brown Jim.

creekboy and Rod Bender like this.