1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Have you ever done this

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Aug 25, 2018.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    A nice day yesterday so I decided to drown a few worms at the local lake. On arrival at my usual spot, not a ripple on the water. I started setting things up chair, rod rest, landing net, got my rod out of the car, where's my bl##dy reel? I had a quick look in the boot, on the back seat and floor then I remembered putting it on a box in the garage when loading the car. I was that pi##ed off with myself I just chucked everything into the car and headed for home.

creekboy, Rod Bender and diesel like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I've never left a reel behind, Kev, but I have left the rod at home - twice. Very embarrassing when you've arranged to meet up with a mate and he is totally prepared and I've left the most fundamental bit of gear behind.

I also used to leave the bait at home on numerous occasions. o_O

Jeff

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Yeah! Except I just forgot to put it in! Didn't even get it to start with. And the worst thing was I did a trip of around 50km's one way when I discovered it missing! then to make matters worse...the water was looking so good, I drove back home and got the reel and returned! But wait...there is more!!! I caught f#$% all!:cool:

You should have went back home and got it Kev. Or even just sit by the lake for a while and chill out.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Sometimes forgets what he has done.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    cheers
    Team Bender

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Once travelled 8km on Eucumbene by boat; to then find Fly rods were still hanging on rack back at base. Bugger!!!! Went back to get them of course but have no idea what we might have caught. Too long ago. I'll bet most guys have done similar at some stage.

kev209, Rod Bender and creekboy like this.