1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

HI HO-HI HO

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Old fisho, Jan 16, 2020 at 8:44 AM.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    'A fishing we did go'. Bill and I took my boat out yesterday. He really does like the electric motor. There's piles of black ash and debris around the shores in places but the water was clean. The sky is still completely covered by smoke and fires a few kilometres away were seen, still burning strongly. The fishing wasn't too bad. Right down past the boatshed cafe, less than a kilometre from the entrance, we threw SPs around for a while, boating a couple of keeper flathead, small snapper, flounder, whiting, tailer, and throw back flatties, all of which went back. Going up into the channel, just as it opens into the broadwater in front of the caravan park, we collected another couple of keepers and of course, the usual few small ones. Then the wind forced us to find shelter and after trying a couple of spots, returned to the bottom of the lake near the entrance for some sheltered water and picked up another couple of nice table sized flathead. Bill was having a horror day. He had boated one flathead all day. That meant I had caught all the others. Nobody knows why but it's happened to us all. I said to him, "It's been a good day, we can go in when you're ready". he replied "It's been a shocker day for me. I'll have three more casts, then I'm happy to call it a day". Second cast he say's "I've got a fish and I think it's a good one". It wasn't long before I agreed it was a good one. I tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to my video glasses to show him they were switched on and tried to get a bit of film of his fish. It was eventually bo ated as the pics show and clocked in at 78cm, not the 74 I started with, and also his best yet as a follow on from a 73 he got last time out. That was then his biggest and this one eclipsed that by 4cm. He went home in a most happy state, even though he had only one for the table.

Screenshot (20).png
    Being led to the net.

Screenshot (21).png
    Now safely in the net, well at least as much would fit.
    Screenshot (22).png Bill giving her as swim before letting go.
    Lovely fat fish that ended a good day.
    Noel
    Hasn't had one that big for two years, but hasn't been in their country often either. Been up the river catching whiting instead.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 12:01 PM
  2. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Lovely flattie Noel, thats a cracker! ... Good to see the fish arent put off by the smoke and fires in your area.

:D

3. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks, the images posted are not really good. They are screen shots from the video They are more fuzzy than the video which shows much cleaner images. Better than nothing though, without any showing off.
    Noel

Tackleberry and kev209 like this.
  4. ratherbefishin

ratherbefishin Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Sounds to have been a fabulous day on the water Noel; good to hear you're back out again and having a good session. Pity to hear Bill was having a rough day, but at least he finished on a good high. :)

Those pics are fine. If you'd tried to snap them with a camera there's every chance they'd have come out worse, unless you had a really high shutter speed and jagged the focus. They don't look fuzzy to me, but if it is, it is probably from the fact the fish was moving in the frame. Either way, as you say, better to have those shots than nothing at all.

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  5. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    No doubt you're right Tim, I'm simply (and simple) accustomed to images from an 18megapix camera, capable of high shutter speeds.
    N

kev209 likes this.