1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tbriggs, Feb 2, 2010.

1. tbriggs

tbriggs New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Hi All,

I'm new to the hobby/obsession, have done some carp fishing in canberra and estuary fishing in WA and the mid north coast, but I've decided I want to do more lure fishing so have started to try my hand at it. Hoping to find some other places/methods though as I can see myself getting sick of catching redfin! :lol:

I did some deeper sea fishing over in WA as a kid but that was a long time ago.

Tristan

2. Timbo

Timbo Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Hi tbriggs
    Welcome aboard, What area are you from, because there are sure to be some members that come from where you are which can give you some good advice. Have a search through previous posts and you will also find some intersting stuff.;)

3. tbriggs

tbriggs New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I'm in canberra. I was having trouble udpating it in my profile but it's all good now :)

4. mooredup

mooredup New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    welcome Tbriggs.....

plenty of information about teh nations capital here.... and heaps of top blokes that are willing to lend a hand... good luck with the search.... hope you catch the big one soon.. it'll ave you hooked for a LONG LONG TIME

5. chicka

chicka New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Welcome tbriggs!
    What part of the mid Nth. Coast were you at.Just been up at the Camden Haven for 6
    months and had great fishing!So many avenues to choose from.
    Cheers

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    welcome aboard mate

7. tbriggs

tbriggs New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    My mum and grandparents live in forster, so I get to throw a line in whenever I'm up there :)

8. yellafella

yellafella the hammock camper!

Nov 30, 2009
    welcome aboard mate, iv fished with a few canberans that are on tbx and there all top blokes, youl find heaps of info on here just type in what you want to no in the search and youl find it, if not just ask :D
    cheers
    sid

9. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    Gday Tristan , theres heaps of canberra lads about and even a couple of us from over the border ;), if you need a hand give me a yell mate

cheers

10. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Gday fella.If you want to come for a fish just let me know mate.

11. jewiehaven

jewiehaven reelaxation

Jun 17, 2009
    Welcome to the site mate, I thin everyone else has covered all the ACT local stuff, so if ya are in Sydney sometime and want to try a few spots then send me PM.

I fish every weekend and occasionally though the week- I primarily target jewies, Bream, Flatties and my new obsession with Kingies and Dollies offshore.

Am sure you will get lots of good info and advice from the locals here- there are lots from ACT and all are very knowledgable fisho's.

Good luck budd

Cheers
    Anthony

12. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Ill tell you what JH,Ill do you a deal.You like trout fishing?Ill take you fishing for what ever you like around my area if i can come catch a jew.I have seen a few mates catch them but never had the pleasure myself.

13. chicka

chicka New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Hi
    G'day Jewie I'd be keen as well mate.I left the boat up the coast but am back in Sydney so give us a buzz for a landie.Got a couple of yaks in the garage waiting to get wet and a mate with a Cruisecraft for fishing the fads offshore I'm waiting to line up if your keen.
    Hi Wharf hows the family hope all is well and your fishing has been good to ya.
    Cheers

14. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Gday chicka,family is great,little bloke is tops.I catch a few fish here and there.Bloody cyclones have given us good rain but not much for my fishing.