1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Kaburas can make the difference

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by GC Jetski Fishing, Dec 2, 2018.

1. GC Jetski Fishing

GC Jetski Fishing New Member

Dec 2, 2018
    I had a hard day out fishing last week, it turned out that Kaburas can make the difference between bringing home a feed of Snapper or not!

diesel, blair, AJ Fishman and 2 others like this.
  2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Welcome aboard GC

diesel, Old fisho and creekboy like this.
  3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    gday gc jetski and welcome, good reviews that reel deal bloke, that's the first one I have seen whith a bit of humour. I was contemplating getting a tatula type r , that design looks like it would cast further but it doesn't, less backlash and birdsnests though, the way I have been casting lately I may earn the nickname "birdsnest" or "backlash" if I am not carefull. so maybe I should get one ha ha.maybe the tatula would match the shimano if it had some ceramic spool bearings put in.
    cheers

4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    You blokes all worry me with your tech knowledge of all these rods and reels and gear stuff.

Me. I just go fishing and use it. My gear is good and bought for what I need it for but I couldn't tell you the brands and models of the rods and reels without going to look. Having too many is half the problem I guess.

creekboy, diesel, blair and 1 other person like this.
  5. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    For me I like being aware of the latest improvements in gear, if somethings is substantially better I want it so I can cast further and more accuratly and easier, another hobby in itself studying up on technical advances etc, I am buying mid priced stuff and impressed whith latest buys am liking the zodias spin rod I got recently I wasn't impresed at first, my daughter loves it it is her go to rod when we go for a fish , damm relegating me to old rod might have to get her one:)
    If I bought every bit of gear I like I would have a ridiculous amount of gear laying about:eek: have some old favorites as well, one hollow fiberglass rod I have fits nicely in my boat and is about 44 years old and it still pelts a lure a long way for pelagics whilst making the occasional cracking noise. If I can find my old 6500 ABU I will recondition it, that thing casted for miles don't remember any serious birds nests whith it.
    tight lines

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  6. GC Jetski Fishing

GC Jetski Fishing New Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Yep at the end of the day it is no different to being a car enthusiast, or any kind of enthusiast for that matter, it interests you so you willingly invest time and money into the hobbie

creekboy, blair, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  7. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Blair, I have a 6500C which has a slightly longer handle for better retrieving than the standard 6500. I still love it and have had it around 50 years. Still perfect. GC, I think there's over 50 rods in the stable from light game to fly rods but it's never mentioned here. No idea how many reels and line. Perhaps a couple of thousand SPs, so I've invested pretty substantially I think. Add two boats and trailers etc, plus a 30 foot on site unit at Eucumbene.

creekboy, blair, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  8. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    You have even more gear than me Noel, money well spent much better than p-----g it against the wall at the pub.
    Those 6500C ABU,s are great reels. The boss had said more than once "I would rather he is out fishing than down at the pub" so I will do as I am told , I remember years ago I would have a few drinks while out baitfishing in boat sometimes best of both worlds:D

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.