1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Kaos Cod Flys Online

Discussion in 'Industry News & Releases' started by virty, Jul 14, 2009.

1. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Mate i use a #9 weight rod 4 piece innovator velocity and the reel from water works lamson hard alox big arbor reel with 30lb line and leader.

It will came down to what you have to spend mate but i do recommend to have a look at the stalker range from pro angler. I am looking on getting another reel, stalker guid series g4 goes for around $290 bucks. They also have a great range of rods to pick from.

The Gurglers would be great on Bass mate i do make the range in 4/0 hook size, but a #8 or #9 weight mite be a bit heavy.

Check out www.proangler.com.au

2. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Ive got 5 and 6 weight combos so dont have a problem there mate.Been looking for something heavier but there is just so much to choose from.Have got 6 weight sinking line which is great for redfin.Would probably work well on the other flies you make.

3. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Today mate i check out a few things, if don't want to spend a lot of money the pro angler have this rod with is a 9ft rod #8 - #9 weight stalker legend series ll $300 and a reel to match is the one i said above. I bought one today a bloody nice reel set up with fast sinking line ready to hit the big cod in deep water.

Your other set ups you have will be great to thorw around my 4/0 hooks for bass and small cod.

4. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Thats a bargain virty.I dont know if my local sells that breed.If not where are you buying yours from bloke?

5. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Cool Virty I love that fish.Me I catch tiddlers and lose the bigun's .But I love looking at everyones Pictures of big fish .
    The site is very good by the way .

6. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    you know I was lazy for a short period of time and was fishing with poppers and Gurglers on a sinking line,before I chnaged back .If the fly is big enough it should float .

7. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Wharf - Pro angler in geelong its there own brand, i dont think you can by them any where else.

Mick - I just bought a new reel so i don't have to stuff around and worry about different line weight. You should have the right line for the right flie so you get the best action from it ;) .

8. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Thanks mate,i found the link in your other post

9. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Found a local dealer mate,his name is ross rowe.

10. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I only use the sinking line at the coast or in the local lakes for redfin using streamers.For trout its floating lines or sink tips.

11. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    can u tell I'm a saltie:D

12. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yep,and a fellow croweater hahahhah.

13. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Hey fella's

Not long in till cod season is over "bummer", so if your getting out before season ends and you want to give the fly rod ago check out www.kaoscodflys.com.au before you go out.

10% OFF ALL ORDERS MADE BEFORE COD CLOSE FOR TBX MEMBERS.

14. codseeker

codseeker New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Sorry guys, replied to wrong post!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009