1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Kumho tyres.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Rod Bender, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi peeples
    I need new tyres on my Ford rather soon...wondering if anyone has used Kumho tyres and have been happy with them? A mechanic suggested them to me a while ago. Not sure but they may not be cheap tyres but you get what you pay for and if this is the case, then I am happy to get them!
    cheers
    Team Ford
    Burns rubber!

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  2. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Bender 3 years ago I put a set of toyo tyres and they still have a year left in them this is on my Fairmont.
    Now I'm not a slow driver especially on winding roads , a set of boots is usaly only good on my car for 2 years at best and the thing I like the best about them is they still have wet grip just about every tyre I have had drops of in wet grip as the rubber hardens up about 12 to 14 months regardless of tread depth ......
    They are a high silica compound .

3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Jim, I've had Kumho tyres on a couple of different 4wd's and couldn't fault them. They are not cheap tyres, but neither are they expensive. Treat them right, ie correct pressures, periodic rotation, balance and wheel alignment and they will serve you well.

A lot of vehicle owners elect to go with cheapies and they don't last as long as better quality tyres and in my opinion, it is a false economy to buy something cheap that will need replacing long before the higher priced better quality gear - a bit like fishing gear when you think about it.

Jeff

Old fisho, blair, Dickson and 3 others like this.
  4. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Try these....
    78dg0wXtUPm9MTnNAdsQfVOjbhLFH7y1cnWNpAj75JY.jpg

5. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Won't fit mate, he has a sedan,;), cheers davo

6. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    should grip well, might need to flare the guards or he will get a defect! no one will pass him either.

7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I have heard they are good will probably put some on my 4wd soon. The best tyres I ever had on 4wd were mitchelin lt atx,s gripped good everywhere and lasted 130k.dont make them anymore.

8. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Hi. Is that your lady's shopping trolley?

kev209 likes this.
  9. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Boss has Khumos on her Ford focus hachback. They seem to be pretty good. A bit road noisy but that's likely the car's fault as well.
    My V8 Jeep has Bridgestones and with most of them while towing 2 1/2 tonnes of 20' caravan plus about half a tonne in the Jeep, they have clocked up 80K to date and still going strong. Pretty good value I think. Have forgotten about the prices etc.
    Noel

kev209 likes this.
  10. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Nar but parking would be easy ha

kev209 and Old fisho like this.