1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

lake eppalock ??

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by shan, Jan 17, 2010.

1. shan

shan New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    G'day im thinkin of headin out to eppalock on australia day weekend and wondering where the best ramp would be to put my tinny in. i havent been there since i was a kid so some info would be great...

thanks Shan

2. Timbo

Timbo Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Hi Shan
    Most popular ramp is down behind the kiosk at the Kimbolton end of the lake. You can put in some other areas, but this is easiest. Eppalock hasn't been fishing too well from the reports i am getting but if you persist you should pick up a couple of fish. Lipless crank baits for lures or if you are using bait scrub worms or yabbies.

3. fish_cast

fish_cast Lure Caster

Dec 13, 2008
    Hi Shan
    Unfortunatley Eppalock is still very low - currently 7.5% of capacity so there is no concrete ramp that is useable. Launching can be done successfully without a fourwheel drive in the area of the main pool - behind the kiosk.
    You can find the area by turning left at the kiosk and after 300 metres right through the parking area and follow the track down to the water. The track takes some turns and runs for over 1 km to get down to the water.
    Good luck but local reports have not been very good. The area gets a lot of angling pressure being so close to Bendigo and down to a relatively small body of water.
    Graham

4. shan

shan New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    cheers fellas i usually head up the murray but was lookin to go somewhere closer just for the day..thanks for the advice