1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Land based Bream in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing' started by Lawless, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Lawless

Lawless New Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Just wondering where the best land based options are in Melbourne to chase bream on lures. Any tips on technique would be appreciated

2. Lawless

Lawless New Member

Sep 28, 2009
    I have heard that Victoria harbour is good for soft plastic fishing. Is parking available there? Any pointers on the best plastics to use would be great.

3. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    yeah plenty of paid parking around docklands, either bourke st or new quay saide both fish well around the piers and marinas with little plastic grubs, gulp worms etc. the blades go very well around the pylons down deep too :)

4. chicka

chicka New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Hi Lawless
    Go back in Saltwater posts to page 11 "Melbourne docklands Bream".Theres a heap of info in there, that encouraged me after reading it, to find similar areas around Sydney , employing some of the same tactics, to good success!With nearly 2000 views and heaps of replies this is a good bream topic to reference.
    Hope your doing well with your fishing Jules!
    Cheers.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. Lawless

Lawless New Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Thanks Tombowler. I am going to school for the week and thought that I might as well pack the rods and have a crack at the inner city bream. I have had a few goes before and they are a challenging fish to catch on lures.

6. leisureboats

leisureboats New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Docklands Bream

Plenty of good bream in Docklands for spot fishing.

Lures and plastics go well when the water is really clear (not often)
    seen guys catch 40+ in a few hours.

Central pier right around to north wharf a best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fishing & Tournament Boat Sales

7. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    they really like bread too if you find the plastics are fishing a bit tough or the water dirty... got to fish the bread without weight and on a small hook that can be hidden in the ball of bread... wont touch it if they can see shiny metal or your line for that matter.
    best of luck.
    jules