1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Leaving T. B.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Bluefin, May 23, 2020 at 6:45 PM.

1. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    YOU CAN CHECK OUT ANY TIME YOU LIKE!

BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!

2. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Its True. You will always be remembered and welcome to contribute again !!!

creekboy, blair and kev209 like this.
  3. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Seeing this is My wacky post. I put this on my facebook page today.
    This Represents A new life for Rey, And I have adopted it as My Symbol of new life too.
    I doubt you will see too many Depressing posts from me in the future, I am surprising my self How Quickly I get over It when a demon strikes, And how easily I can say and mean " I Dont Care" !
    Not sure in all cases it is a good thing. But as a defence mechanism, It Works !! Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 3.36.46 pm.png

4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I don't recall seeing too many depressing posts in the past! As you have found a mechanism to help you cope somewhat then that is a start. I hope you are saying you will stay on here.

Unfortunately I have my doubts due to the title of your thread. If you intend leaving, I would reconsider. I use TBX to distract me from other things at times. There are some days I also can't be bothered here. On those days, I don't post here. Everything will work out for you Howard.
    Cheers
    Jim

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I haven't seen to many depressing posts. Bluefin could you elaborate a bit more on your post.

creekboy and Rod Bender like this.
  6. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    I said this was a wacky post! I read a post where someone mentioned leaving, and this song came to mind. ( Hotel California ) I love this community.

Old fisho, creekboy, blair and 2 others like this.
  7. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Thank's for your reply Bluefin, I think I read that post as well.

creekboy, blair and Rod Bender like this.
  8. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    The above about Rey was posted on my facebook page. I have mentioned my condition here before.
    3 years ago I was bullied at work and had a mental break down. Diagnosed with severe to extreme Depression Anxiety and Stress. I went through a stage where I hated my life. I didn't want to be here. I had no motivation to do anything. I was told it would get better, But I couldn't see how!!
    Well it finally did.
    Im feeling happy and in a mad mood at the moment. A few things tested my last week. and they had no affect on me.

Old fisho, creekboy, blair and 2 others like this.
  9. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    That caused my problem as well. I spent 6 weeks in hospital a very unpleasant experience. The diagnoses was changed from depression, anxiety and stress to Bipolar disorder.

Old fisho, creekboy and blair like this.
  10. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Oh Dear !!! And those who were responsible were not even told what they had done !!!!

11. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Ive seen karma get the d------ts every time, hey I wouldnt mind one of those light sabers who sells them Acme?

Old fisho, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  12. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    I believe it is a one off ? Time will tell.

13. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Howard,
    We all, well most of us anyway, have gone through some rough times. To be blunt, I thank God that most come out the other end in pretty good shape. A long time ago now, like over 50 years, I was in severe depression to the point of being sent to a doctor at the nearby mental hospital. I will never forget reading his report to my GP that I was classed as sane. I'm sure he didn't know me well at the time because I felt far from that. But his report was put that simply. It took a long time but maybe a bit like you, one day I seemed to say 'enough' and walked away from it and never walked that path again. Few things get me down now, I no longer have to vent my anger and it takes a lot to frustrate me. I guess I'm now, after much of my life has passed, in better control of me. Whatever your problems are, they are yours. Some can and must be shared to lighten loads but that's a personal choice and/or need. That you are strong enough to say 'enough' tells me you are strong enough to walk over the problem and either become or return to being a better person within yourself. I wish you all the luck in the world.
    Noel
    Attained his medical degree in a boat with a rod in hand.
    Yes, you can sign out but never leave.

blair, Rod Bender and Bluefin like this.
  14. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Noel, Thank You !!

blair likes this.