1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Long weekend fun

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing' started by VandiemanFishing, Feb 14, 2018.

1. VandiemanFishing

VandiemanFishing New Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Hi Everybody
    Its been a while since I put up a report so thought I better. With last weekend being a long weekend in Hobart it gave me an excellent opportunity to get out for a fish.

Saturday
    I'm a regular saltwater fishermen but I was presented with an opportunity to fish a stream north of Hobart (The Tyenna River) for any of you who may know it:) I arrived there around 10 am was slightly overcast, not great conditions but would be alright. Flicked a small SP around for a few follows and only one hit, even after sighting multiply fish. Changed to the second option of a worm under a float and once again no actual success, some of these brownies came very close to taking but on the most part didn't seem that hungry or aggressive.
    Throughout the day I had came across two trout which I got within 70cm of and I basically put the bait inside their mouth and they didn't want a bar of it. I'm putting it down to simply to much food currently in the river, maybe I'll try in a month or so:)

Sunday
    I had organised to go for a dive with some mates with favourable weather conditions heading our way. Set off from Hobart at around 8am and headed down to North Bruny Island. Unfortunately we didn't have access to the compressor or a second source of air so we were stuck on the snorkel. We moved all a certain area and picked up 4 crays between the 3 of us. New spot for all of us and if we had known we would've brought a torch as there were some large caves and swim throughs with crays on the ledges just slightly hard to see. Anyway certainly happy with the results and will be heading back there shortly:)

Some photos below of the lobsters
    Like our page to keep updated with content (We have a competition coming up shortly)

https://www.facebook.com/vandiemanfishing/posts/1315225931911090

AWL, creekboy, Madfisher and 3 others like this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Do you have to go far to fish freshwater? With the trout fishing there I would be making an effort!:cool:
    Cheers
    Jim

AWL, creekboy and kev209 like this.