1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

lost for words.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    If a blue Father Christmas isn't bad enough along with skinny ones and Mary Christmas stuffing up the traditional Christmas that we had.
    How about this I asked my youngest Grandson what he hoped to get for Xmas, an E Bike Pop .Well excuse my ignorance here as I asked what is an E bike? Laughing at me and telling me all about a bicycle with a engine on it. ( I used to like this little ****).
    When I was his age I had a sock from Father Xmas and to me it was heaven with a 2d packet of p,nuts, a pink sugar mouse a couple of pieces of fruit and a coloring book and pencils.
    Dad always made me something like a wooden gun or bow and arrow or a spool with fishing line on it. When I got older a had my first Ferret I called Saturn and nets I knew what to do I used to go with Dad every Sunday morning ferreting..To me that was Xmas with a Roast Chicken lunch.
    A E Bike What ever next...
    Wally

blair, Old fisho, kev209 and 3 others like this.
  2. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I hole heartedly agree with you ......
    Sounds like you had the same kind of childhood as me .

3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    With ten kids in our family---ME TOO.
    I wonder how many kids of today have any idea why we even celebrate Christmas
    On that note; I don't use the so-called word 'XMAS'
    Noel
    And didn't feel deprived as a child either

kev209 and diesel like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    My first pushbike came from the local tip. I collected various bits and over a period of time I ended up with a rather unique contraption that I called 'Frankenbike', different sized wheels, no brakes apart from the foot on the front tyre method, it was the ugliest looking bike in town, but it was mine.

My last bike also came from the tip when I was living in Darwin, a perfectly good 10 speed mountain bike that an Army guy was throwing because he was being transferred and couldn't take it with him.

There are a few young blokes back home that have adapted chainsaw & whipper snipper engines to their bikes, but I'm yet to see an E-bike.

Jeff

kev209 and Old fisho like this.
  5. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I have thought about getting an e bike or putting a Ryobi electric motor on my pushbike so I can roll along the locked up tracks up the snowy to do a bit of trout fishing, hope I don't upset any greenies doing this too bad if I do.

kev209 and Old fisho like this.