1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Minn Kota I-Pilot

Discussion in 'Boats' started by Vass, Jul 26, 2009.

1. deej

deej New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I went and enquired about it today apparently replacement revised units are being built as we speak and will be available in a couple of weeks, all going well

2. tednted

tednted New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Good news deej !!!
    Only thing is when you purchase one ,how are you to know if its a revised model ???? There hasn't been one dealer that I,ve asked that knows anything about dropouts or testing of the units !!!!!!
    Cheers AL.

3. deej

deej New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    theyre not releasing any more till revised ones are out, and guess its up to the dealer to order change over unit for ones already sold

4. gropper

gropper New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Deej,

Good news I hope.
    Fingers crossed their back up service is better than there customer relations.
    Over a week and still no response from MinnKota usa. 3 days no return call from QLD's BLA representative.
    The nice approach is not working, it's a sad afair when you have to make a pr$$k of your self to get answers becuase people don't have the common courtesy to respond.

If there is problem and they can supply a change over revised units for the older ones at no cost then there is no problem.

cheers,
    Wayne

5. ranger198

ranger198 New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    hi deej, pretty poor relations from BLA i know,a guy in bendigo has been dealing with minnkota USA by sending waypoints where the gps drops out etc,has had quite a few emails back and forth,as he's was imported. they have seem to have been very proactive with this issue. i still dont understand why aust minnkota reps havent had told the general public as yet, i posted what ive been told by them, and the new units are only weeks away,cheers

6. gropper

gropper New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Hi Ranger,

Problem is my motor is only weeks aways from arriving too.

Nah not to worried about it,l otherwise I would have cancelled my order. I'm sure it will be fixed and sounds like sooner rather than later by your contacts.

thanks for letting us know.

7. cod adventurer

cod adventurer New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    its been a week now for me and minn kota has not responded to emails
    My only relief is that mine is not the only crook unit and sounds like minn kota are trying to fix the problem

8. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    got a reply from minn kota and here is what they had to say
    We did make a change to the software in the i-Pilot controllers to solve this problem. The bad part is that this change just took place and we do not yet have these new units out in the field. I would suggest contacting your local Minn Kota service center (BLA) for info on when you can get this replaced.
    so now to make contact with them to see how we go

9. young_gun

young_gun New Member

Mar 31, 2007
    phew, i'm really hapyy they have resolved the problem as i am interested in purchasing one. But i'm a bit worried about not getting a revised one when i do buy it...:unsure:

10. John h

John h New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Does that mean the guys that bought theirs direct from USA will have to send the units back there to get fixed?

11. cod adventurer

cod adventurer New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    i am told that the repairs will be honoured wordwide as its not a indavidual unit failure
    Hey if i buy another US version I still have only paid as much as australian models
    Still have not heard from minnkota They must be swamped

12. John h

John h New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    That's good news then.

13. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    so where are they so cheap considering the exchange rate and the postage.
    i reakon they will tell you to return to place of purchase for replacement as its only fair for them

14. gropper

gropper New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I have just heard back from the BLA rep who has confirmed there were some dropouts occuring and the new revised software has addressed the problem.

The good news for me is that BLA assure me that they are upgrading all the Terrova motors that are currently on being shipped before distributing to the dealers.

Figures crossed they arrive soon and we have no problems.

cheers,
    Wayne
    ;)

15. Vass

Vass Member

Aug 31, 2006
    what i want to know is will i have to buy one iin australia to get the upgardee model or will the US modle have it too??

16. stormboy

stormboy New Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Hey Bognoel, what company in states did you deal with??

Cheers Nigel

17. rene_bell

rene_bell Member

Aug 27, 2005
    cool i might get one now thanks for this fellas you guys have done some good reaserch and helped a lot of us out
    cheers jas

18. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    still would like to get the final result though as it is taking a bit for them to replace things