1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

'Nagas' will be...

Discussion in 'Fishing in Victoria' started by Rod Bender, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    diesel, creekboy, AJ Fishman and 2 others like this.
  2. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I will register for this but I won't be too serious about it, I'm thinking to many people for the area, not that I know how far that extends yet. Anyway I still have my quiet away from the tourist spots;), cheers davo

3. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I assume you may have seen the area map on their latest email? It is 'pdf' so I can not download it and I seem to have lost my snipping tool since computer programs have been updated here. Anyway, in a nutshell...downstream of Goulburn weir is not allowed. The offtake of the 'Cat', it appears as though you can fish it for a couple hundred metres. Your other 'main' offtake ;), judging by the map you may be able to fish it up to the first reg!!!!

As for upstream, it looks like the Goulburn up to it's junction with Hughes Creek can be fished, including Hughes Creek up to the freeway. The other creeks, sandy and major, looks like a kilometre or two of each can be fished from their junction with the river. Just my opinion but this is going to be a nightmare...one overcrowded circus! So Dangerous Dave, are your secret spots in this area?
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Just lost all enthusiasm for this gig!

kev209, AJ Fishman and creekboy like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    We may be forced to stay with Davo for the weekend. Sorry, Davo, only joking. But accommodation wont be easy to get. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 likes this.
  5. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Yes I do fish most of this area at times, a lot of secret spots there, unfortunately also other peoples secret spots. Lyall accommodation will be stretched and I'm sure the local caravan park owners will love that. I do have some room in the backyard if needed, cheers davo

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  6. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I'll probably just go for a day.

creekboy likes this.
  7. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    The more I think about it, the more certain I am that I will be avoiding it! I assume there will be an entry fee despite the fact it is a promotional event. I can just see myself walking away disappointed and frustrated with having to deal with morons who have no respect for others. And it may be these morons who win prizes in the end!
    cheers
    Jim

AJ Fishman, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  8. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Too true Jim, not only will it be chaos along the banks, the river will be like the Ring road peak time after an accident, cheers davo

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  9. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Thank's Davo & Jim, I think I will give the area a big miss

creekboy likes this.