1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

New Kayak

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by reelaxation, Jun 28, 2019.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    So I just bought a new kayak after I couldnt repair the freebie I was given some time ago- and I cannot wait to get it wet and chase some EP/Bass and bream from it around the local creek.

Supoer stoked - next item on the list will be a leccy motor for when I cannot use those tired arms (from casting of course) :p

Here is a piccie- I will pick it up next week hopefully and be on the water by mid July

NEW_KAYAK.jpg

2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Looks great, could you post a few photos of it in action

3. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Yeah for sure Kev as soon as I can get it in the water I will be out chasing some Bream and Bass/EP's on lures around the creek and flatties around the flats :)

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Looks like a pretty unit for your needs. Good luck when you get it on the water. Cheers, Lyall.

diesel and kev209 like this.
  5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    That should fill the gap nicely looks a real sleek stealth craft for the shallows.
    I saw one similar to yours and did it move even going in to a slight breeze it was very impressive.
    Wally

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nice looking rig, Anthony.

I like them short kayaks for getting in around logs and snags, easy to manoeuvre in skinny water. I bought a basic Glide Mahi from bcf a while back, 10 cms shorter than your yak and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to paddle being a shorty - a bit slower than a longer craft, but gets me into spots where I want to be.

Jeff

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  7. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    My little yak in what I call 'dog turd soup'.

Jeff

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    blair, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  8. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Nice rig Jeff, do you reckon the loud colours scare off the fish or it doesnt matter?
    I did try to get the same yak in blue but camo was the only colour left ...

Thanks for the replies lads, I will be picking up the beast next Tuesday and should have it on the water next weekend with any luck... Now to get a PFD and some stickers for it then get it pimped - YEW!

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  9. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I don't think the bright, loud colours spook the fish all that much, if at all. The last yak I had was white/blue and I could berley fish right up to the side of it. Sure, some species might be easily spooked by anything out of their environmental comfort zone, but generally most fish don't give a damn. I guess it all depends on what you target.

Jeff

creekboy and kev209 like this.