1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

New Van.

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Madfisher, Jan 16, 2020 at 8:28 AM.

1. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Well its official we have joined the old farts club and brought a small Goldstream off roader, we are starting to find camping just to hard.We brought the van for about half the new price ,but its better then new as the owner was meticulous and spent a lot of money adding extras. Tows fantastic behind the Paj which still averaged 12l/100 for the entire trip to pick it up.
    Cheers Pete

2. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Hey there Pete,
    Must be the season. We purchased a Goldstream Crown yesterday myself. Ours is an older model but one owner and he and his wife kept it in amazing condition and has a few extra goodies. We pick ours up on Monday as I am sorting our navara with electric brake controller.
    Looking forward to hitting the road for some long service leave next year.
    Cheers Jed

3. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    The Jayco Eagle we brought is a 2002 model and in top condition, it came with the books, is fully insulated with an aluminium frame, most of all it was within our budget. Our Suzuki is way, way, way, to small to tow it so it's an on site van. So we are members of the stay put old farts club. There is a forum on the net The Grey Nomads and I have picked up a few handy hints from it.

4. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    LOl, you would not believe it would you. We had to drive from Bathurst to Gosford to pick it up, so quickly had to organise electric brakes, nearly forgot you need extension mirrors as well. Goldstreams are not cheap but very well built and engineered.
    Happy travels Pete

Old fisho, ratherbefishin and kev209 like this.