1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Panic buying bus tours

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    In Mansfield everyone got there normal shopping without any problems. But when the last long labour weekend came the Tourists striped the shelves and it nearly got back to normal when a bus Coy offered a Shopping tour to Mansfield’s super markets. Hence a full coach load to each super market earlier this week.shelves stripped and there was no aggression so all good.
    Now don’t get me wrong we want and love the Tourists visiting the Town Easter brings an average of a 125,000 visitors which is great for the Town.
    But they must remember the locals of 8000 have to use and buythe same products as well.
    I just hope that we don’t get what could be an epidemic of Gastro from gone off and out of date food, by the people really over stocking the larders.
    Wally

2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Pack of mongrels. Next bus that pulls up in Mansfield the supermarkets need to lock their doors until they leave the town. How about name and shame the offending bus company, future problem solved. Cheers, Lyall.

3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    WTF are those people panicking about? I don't understand why they think they need to hoard everything. Except fishing gear thats perfectly normal.

4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    We are on high alert here in Shepparton!:cool:
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.shep...e-shoppers-raid-shepparton-supermarkets?amp=1
    I visit Fairley's IGA frequently. Went in there twice today for different things. Both times they had plenty of meat and fruit/veg. They were missing a lot of things tho that are hard to get.

I got a couple things...some mince meat and potatoes...and chocolate! I am happy with the amount of food that I have at home.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Doomsday prepper!

5. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    We shop every Thursday for a few years now. We only saw about three shopping localsYesterday you could only buy two items of everything excluding certain items being one, fruit and vegetable as normal it would be a bit far fetched only having one grape. Shelves were stripped on a lot of items. Staff ate not their usual happy friendly selves.

creekboy, blair and Old fisho like this.
  6. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Our main shopping is in Moruya, ten minutes or so away. While I was out working hard at the hunting and gathering (flathead) to keep us from starvation, Boss went there, to both IGA and Woolies, perhaps thinking I'd have another donut. Typically, there were no dunny rolls, paper towels, tissues or sanitising materials. Surprisingly there was not a spud in the town and she reported capsicums at $17kg in Woolies; a terrible rip off from $6 last week.

She had seen a bottle of something of some sanitation stuff at the local pharmacy and sent me off to get it if possible. I couldn't find it. Asked one of their lovely staff who said we have one bottle left and it's under the counter. We are not to sell it to anyone but a local. It's yours if you want. I did.

Our local supermarket had a delivery this morning--three days late-- and I was sent down there. Owner Paul was putting paper towel rolls in shelves. He received no sanitisers, tissues or dunny paper and permitted me to have two X2 paper towels. He is genuinely apologetic about being unable to help people but can only sell what he receives through his chain.

The main thing coming out of those visits is that local shops are trying to look after locals, not visitors. Paul told me I'd never believe the abuse he's had from people he's never seen before, he assumed visitors and said the minute they say something out of order now he tells them to &%$# off and get out of his store.
    Noel
    Not a panic merchant.

7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Lucky your family has a G.W.H Noel (great white hunter), to keep the food coming in I have been assighned(by myself) to gather some free range organic wild trout next week.

8. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    QUICK JUMP ON THE BUS!!!! I will hire a bus and pick up everyone and we will rush to every BCF in QLD NSW & VIC
    and stock up on fishing gear! QUICK!!!!! the fishing tackle will all be gone soon!!!

9. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Blair, you can only apply that description to browns. The rainbows are bred in cages and fed on hormones before being dumped in the big puddle. They're not 'free range' creatures like browns.
    Noel
    Wild yes, organic --NO.

blair, Madfisher and creekboy like this.
  10. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    IGA Mansfield got a load of toilet rolls in usually they get stripped from the pallets. Not today the staff broke open all packets 6,8,10.18 and repackaged them into packs of 4 for $6.00 and guess what needy people got them and the loo paper collectors left them alone and at 1 packet at a time all got the same and they think they will have toilet paper to the end of the Day.
    Wally

Old fisho, blair and Madfisher like this.
  11. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I didn't think of the rainbows being bred and fed, so nearly free range and mostly organic rainbows and free range organic browns. Wheathers looking good a quick dump of rain would be good.

Old fisho likes this.
  12. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    There's been no browns released in Eucumbene for many years now
    Blair.
    It's considered a self supporting population of true wild trout.
    Noel

blair likes this.