1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Pirtek 2020...

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Rod Bender, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    ...is on!
    https://pirtekfishingchallenge.com.au/

Target species have already been named. Despite my recent lack of fishing activity, this is the event which will get me going again. Anyone else going to enter?
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Has the carp aspect of this comp covered!

2. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I might enter the comp RB, been a while since I have gone in a comp. good excuse to go fishing and I catch a good fish may make a few $.

ratherbefishin and kev209 like this.
  3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Correction : if I catch a good fish.
    how do u put website address on a post?

kev209 likes this.
  4. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    When you do a post you can see 'tools' across the top....like so.
    TBX icons.PNG
    The seventh from the left...click on it. Copy the webpage address into the box that pops up. Prior to this make sure you have the cursor in the position you want the link. But I am not sure what the point of this method is as I think you can just copy the link straight in anyway...without the tool. I will investigate now! Top one through the tool, bottom link copy and pasted straight in.

Lets see what happens!

kev209 likes this.
  5. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    That will the day for your massive carp![​IMG]

ratherbefishin and kev209 like this.
  6. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
  7. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Not sure what you are trying to link to Blair but I am getting a TBX error page.

Edit...I get it now I think. I didn't read your link.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    ratherbefishin, kev209 and blair like this.
  8. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    3 weeks to go me thinks! My usual carp spots are not producing! Although there is one option I have where there is a chance of targetting all of the target species!!!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Needs to show more ambition!

9. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    A week to go and I haven't given it too much thought Out now for an armed recon and bait collection session.
    Trying yet another bait...jelly babies!
    20200307_171759.jpg
    No action so far and soon I will have none left. Should have yabbies or shrimp by then! There has to be carp here!
    20200307_170026.jpg
    Stay tuned!
    Team Confectionary

10. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Looks tasty , don't forget to take the the hook out if u decide to snack on them jellybabies. Water looks good very fishy looking.

ratherbefishin, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  11. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    No luck on the jelly babies but picked up a couple carp on shrimp. The best a bit over 50 cms.
    20200307_190426.jpg
    Have a few good bait size yabbies to take home for the challenge so not a bad day. Next stop is Murph's then home.

Be very afraid CC!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    ....is back!

12. ratherbefishin

ratherbefishin Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Thanks for posting that link Bender; I'm not across the comp scene and had no idea it was on. Out of interest, I went to page for a looksee and discovered that not only can you fish where you live, but it's in support of prostate cancer. So, figured I'd sign myself and the lad up both to support a good cause (in my head I was thinking of it as a semi-donation, but then I've no idea on whether they make money from entries or not) and to try and remind me to take him for a fish on the local lakes if the weather is sensible.
    So, cheers for the post mate. :)

Master Baiter, kev209 and blair like this.
  13. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    The day is nearly here!. I spooled up my new baitrunner reel, Shimano 4000D, with 10 pound line. Looks like it is going to be a carp hunt in the Nine Mile Creek.

I have 2 yabbies to start as bait and will be relying on getting shrimp and yabbies there. The cooler days we have had may have slowed the yabbies down. I am underprepared as usual but don't care.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Pirtek glory awaits!

Master Baiter, blair and kev209 like this.
  14. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Don't forget the jelly babies Jim

blair and Rod Bender like this.
  15. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Just been talking to Jim asked him how he was going. His reply a bit slow woke at 6.30 am decided to stay in bed a little (read a lot) longer. By the time Jim arrived about 11 am after stopping off for two Bacon and Egg rolls for breakfast. He was having trouble with his new Bait Caster with rear drag not setting, Jim had Yabbys on for bait. Sitting and enjoying the sun sampling his other bait fat free sugar jelly Snakes.
    Which could run out pretty quickly with Jim.
    Wally

kev209, blair, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Well, that was fun! For the second year in a row, my Pirtek challenge was fishless! The day started off when the alarm went at 6am. I decided I wanted more bedtime! Finally got up and checked the GMW website and wullah, they dropped the level of the creek the day prior! So I wasn't going there.

First stop was a local maker of egg and bacon rolls! This was close to the local Woolworths so I thought I would go and do some panic buying! Scored some long life milk! Finally got to a local channel around 11 am and got the rod in. An unweighted yabby which may be the first time I have done this. I love the concept! Had an issue with the new baitrunner as one time when I was checking, the spool did not lock in after I started winding so it was just like you had the drag set very fine...it wouldn't retrieve the yabby. No more issues with it after that. Not too concerned as I can return it. I just hope if it is going to get troublesome, it stuffs up permanently! Much easier to take it back that way.

Switched over to shrimp for about the last hour and got a couple small bites. Fished for about 5 hours for zero fish! Sh!t happens!:cool:
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Won't be catching the CornaCarpio virus any time soon!

kev209, blair and Master Baiter like this.
  17. CornaCarpio

CornaCarpio Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Don't forget Rod Blunder you still have 3 and a half months of humiliation to go in the 'Bender v. Cornchips Carp Challenge'

CC
    Loves seeing Blunder barely able to catch bait!

kev209 and blair like this.
  18. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    At least you went for a fish RB, I didn't.

kev209, Master Baiter and Rod Bender like this.
  19. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    If you did and went with Jim you could have had a jelly Snake or two as well
    Marsh mallows must be on the menu soon. Jim should have tried them with Garlic yesterday Carp just love them. Great Trout bait as well but the mini Marsh Mallows with no Garlic.

kev209 likes this.
  20. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    If I ever go fishing whith you guys I will probably come home 10kg heavier whith a throat full of hooks:eek:

kev209, Old fisho and ratherbefishin like this.