1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Pirtek Fishing Challenge...2019

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Rod Bender, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
  2. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    The target species have been announced. Usually in the Murray Darling Section we have had a choice of 3 target species, this year it is 4! Yellas, carp, cod (lure only) and redfin. Has anyone else entered.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Four species to choose from...will still catch f*** all!:cool:

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  3. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Here we go!!! Broken Creek at Numurkah is my location for the day.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Glory awaits!!!!

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Good luck.

Jeff

creekboy, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Best of luck Jim

creekboy and Rod Bender like this.
  6. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Well that was fun! The mother of all donuts! I tried the Broken Creek at Numurkah. I have seen some very large carp there. I saw a few swimming around or jumping but none of them were interested. You would think one would be able to catch a carp from here!
    Broken Creek.JPG
    Talking to a local who fishes there, he said there are some very large carp in there but they are very difficult to tempt. I seemed to be the centre of attention there as these locals (fruit bats) had nothing better to do than hang around and watch me!
    Bats.JPG
    I decided to make a move to the nearby Nine Mile Creek. Things were a bit more active hear and I dropped one carp. You would also think that one would be able to pull sh!tloads of carp out of these waters!
    Nine Mile.JPG
    But it wasn't to be! Funny thing is last years challenge for me went in reverse to today. I started off at the creek location with no luck and then saved the day by going to Numurkah! Despite the failure, I actually put in a fair bit of effort today which whilst could alarm me as I have no excuses, is at least looking a bit better for me. With hindsight, I chose the wrong destination as I would have no doubt got something if I spent the day at the creek.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Nobody donuts better!

blair, creekboy, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  7. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi ,Jim. Your reputation must precede you. Cheers, Lyall.

8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    You should have gone to the other side Jim. Fishing is always better on the other side, that's why I bought another kayak, so that I can get to the other side and when I get there I look back and think 'I wonder what it's like on the other side?' o_O

Jeff

9. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    It's got me stuffed, when fishing from a boat you cast towards the bank. When fishing from the bank you cast away from the bank.

creekboy, blair and diesel like this.
  10. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I just need to work out how to fish both sides and near the banks and out from the banks all at the same time.o_O

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  11. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Winners have been announced. You can find the full list of winners on the Pirtek Challenge sight. The following are the results for the area (Murray Darling Basin) that I fished.
    Pirtek carp.PNG
    Pirtek cod.PNG
    Pirtek redfin.PNG
    Pirtek yella.PNG Some decent fish were landed. I targeted carp this year but reality is I could have targeted any of the 4 species as they are in the local area. I think it would be a big ask to expect to have success in the cod section as the winners have been over one metre in the previous years, but I am ready for a change next year and may target something else.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Has started a new training regime!

blair and kev209 like this.
  12. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Better luck next year Jim