1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Pirtek Lanilon Spray

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Robert Stone, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Active Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Hi All,

Has anybody used this spray ? I use Inox Lanox on my fishing gear. I was given a tin and it says for use on Marine, I suppose that means boats. Advice would be helpful.

kev209 likes this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I'm always wary of using any aerosol type lubricant on fishing gear Robert, mainly because of the hydrocarbon propellant used. Prolonged use may have a detrimental effect on some plastics and I would definitely avoid getting it on line, especially gel spun.

Under our labelling regulations, hydrocarbon must be declared if it's used as a propellant, but that's as far as it goes. The manufacturer does not have to declare the exact composition of the hydrocarbon.

Jeff

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    kev209 likes this.
  3. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Active Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Thank you for your advice. I will stick to what I am using. I was only going to wipe over my reels. I might ring Pirtek and ask them about their product. They were handing this stuff out at a fishing comp. They were also handing out Lanolin in grease form in a tube.

kev209 likes this.