1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Plan B

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by diesel, Mar 24, 2018.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    The grand plan for my trip to the NT has been dealt another blow on top of impassable roads in western Qld a couple of weeks ago, Cyclone Marcus causing major damage to my mate's place in Humpty Doo, including damage to his boat and now there is Cyclone Nora bearing down on the lower gulf area. To top it off, my wife has developed a bit of a health issue that requires close proximity to professional help if needed, help that would not be available should we venture into remote areas.

It's a bit of a bugger, but all is not lost. Planned fishing trips have come unstuck in the past, so you've gotta have a plan B. South of Mackay, there is a great spot called Cape Palmerston, not the same type of fishing that I was looking forward to in the Top End, but it's fishing and it is not a remote area. Main target species will be threadfin salmon, queenies and maybe even the occasional barra & jacks around the mangroves - I can live with that.

If plan B fails to eventuate, I will sit in the corner of the shed and sulk for the remainder of the year.

Jeff

Rod Bender, kev209, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  2. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Naaaah! Sitting in the shed's no use. Come to Tuross instead.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I'm starting to think that I have become trapped in Qld, Noel. It seems that in recent years, whenever we have ventured out of the state or attempted to, something happens to throw a spanner in the works and we have to limp back home.

Maybe the best plan is to not plan - just chuck the gear in the vehicle and go. We have done that on numerous occasions and looking back at those trips, they were more enjoyable than those that we had planned to the last detail. They were certainly less stressful.

Jeff

creekboy, kev209 and Old fisho like this.