1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Quiet time

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Mar 12, 2020.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Where is everyone, you can't catch the virus from the forum. The forum has been inoculated so your computer shouldn't catch a virus either. There has been some good stuff posted lately keep them coming.

blair, Old fisho, Madfisher and 3 others like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    The bride has given me a leave pass to go fishing for a week, so I've been busy sorting some gear out for the trip. We were both going to head off somewhere for an extended trip somewhere, but she has decided that she wants to stay home and not travel whilst this virus sh!t is happening. I'll head out west, probably towards the end of next week and try my luck on the yellas, so stay tuned for Team Diesel vs The Barcoo in coming weeks and I might even snap some pics of the event.

Jeff

blair, Madfisher, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  3. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Have a safe trip.

4. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I am here. Posted a report this week :)
    We all may need to isolate ourselves out the river some where
    Cheers Jed

blair, Madfisher, creekboy and 3 others like this.
  5. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Thanks Kev, it's about a 370km drive out to my favourite waterhole, but that's only three and a half hours here in central Qld.

Oma Waterhole.JPG
    A couple of real hotspots for yellas in outback Qld.

Jeff

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    blair, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  6. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Give em hell, Jeff. Lyall.

blair, diesel and kev209 like this.
  7. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I'm certainly going to try, Lyall.

How have you been mate, haven't seen you on here much lately. Is everything okay?

Jeff

creekboy, blair and kev209 like this.
  8. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Yes, we've missed his comments lately.

creekboy, blair and kev209 like this.
  9. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It looks like it might be Team Diesel vs The Pacific instead of The Barcoo, forecast temps for the next couple of weeks are climbing back into the high 30's to low 40's out west and I'm hearing reports that the flies are the worst they've been for years. I hate flies.

A bit of rain forecast for the coast, but I can handle rain better than bloody flies. Did I mention that I hate flies :mad:.

Jeff

kev209, creekboy and blair like this.
  10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    What was it you didn't like Jeff? I missed that bit.
    Noel

11. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Them annoying little mongrel things that you and a few others on here fish for at times Noel.

Jeff

12. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Sorry for sounding like a smart …… but I guess you mean 'with'.

13. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Ah, now I get it, you don't actually fish for the flies, you fish with the flies - I'm always learning something new here on TBX.

Jeff

kev209, creekboy, blair and 1 other person like this.
  14. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I catch plenty of flies , they probably will be all over me if and when I go to anglers reach and fling some flys about.
    I have heard of and seen photographic proof of the occaisional large mudeye caught on small nymphs, hooked in the mouth area. I don't know how I haven't hooked a bat yet as they chase the fly while it is being cast of an evening.
    Those flies can be bloody annoying I keep mesh head cover in my fishing gear bag, have just ordered a uv light fly and mossie catcher that suck the the little bastards in whith a fan, I will enjoy watching them suffer.:D

15. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Blair, mudeye are vicious little beggars. I once kept some alive in an aquarium. It didn't take long to notice the fins of the goldfish being chewed off.
    We knew a bloke at the lake who always talked about the fish he caught and we've seen the fish. I realised one day that I'd never seen him with a fly rod. Turned out he 'fly fished' using march flies and a bubble float.
    I knew if I lived long enough I'd find a reason for their existence. Plenty up there at times.
    I've not hooked a bat either. I once had two black ducks trying to devour a grey adams dry fly. Other than that my only memorable hookups, apart from the occasional fish, were kangaroo on a back cast at Eucumbene that I never landed, but did land an extremely angry black snake one day. Try and get one of them off the hook when it's caught at the halfway mark. Not fun.
    Noel

16. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Theres a couple of unusuall hookups, a roo and a black snake, I would have cut the line for the angry black snake don't know what I would have done whith the roo hookup but would have fallen over laughing If I seen it.
    Wheather permitting I am going up to Anglers Reach from 23rd till 27th Marchfor the new moon mudeye period see u up there if u can escape.
    I know a nice cool spot to fish whith probably no flies this time of year Jeff: Anglers Reach lake eucenbene lots of big trout swimming about whith your name on them!
    Wheather permitting I will be there from 23rd till 27th march for the new moon mudeye period. Just a short drive for you from QLD. No flies.

17. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Can I bring a box of explosives so that I'm guaranteed to get a fish or do you trout fishos take a dim view of such methods?

Jeff

kev209, Old fisho and blair like this.
  18. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    No prob, let me know when u are going to use them and I will make sure I am at the other end of the lake , after explosion I will quickly go to that area and start picking up fish so they don't go to waste.
    I think there will be some fishos that will take exceptioin to that form of fishing, probably jeoulous cause they didn't catch that many fish.
    I hear Cooma jail is quite comfortable, a bit cold in winter though.:D

kev209 and Old fisho like this.