1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Reach Out.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by diesel, Jun 1, 2020.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Two of our long term favourite members, Kev & Jim, are dealing with some personal issues at the moment and both have removed their avatars. I sincerely hope that we don't lose them from the forum as the place would not be the same without them.

Please reach out and show them that we care.

Jeff

2. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yes for sure mate, it would be a tragic loss with out them.
    Pete

blair, Old fisho, Tackleberry and 3 others like this.
  3. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Agreed, Jim's antics are legendary round here, and Kev seems to be the voice of reason ... both he and Kev will be missed... But hopefully they will come back sooner than later.

blair, Old fisho, Madfisher and 2 others like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    As above X2. Lyall.

blair, Albatross1, Old fisho and 2 others like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I don't have any personal issues to deal with.

6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Kev, I tried to contact you via pm, but you have blocked me.

If I have offended you in some way, I apologise.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    blair, creekboy and Old fisho like this.
  7. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I'm another who values the input from both Kev and Jim. We met Kev and Lyn over lunch a couple of years or more ago. They were great company. I have already said that I love the wit and humour coming from Jim.
    We need them both.
    Noel

8. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Ran into Jim in a tackle shop (go figure) this week, he is having a rest from social media.

Hope that all is ok with Kev.
    Cheers
    Jed

9. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    They'll be back ( quote by Arnold Schwarzenegger) had to google that to get the spelling right , especially the end part of the surname. they'll or ill be back or something.

creekboy, Madfisher and Old fisho like this.
  10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Where Oh where has our Jeff Diesel gone?
    Oh where Oh where can he be?
    So sang someone about a dog years ago.
    Jeff created this post because he cares about people on here and now HE has gone missing.
    Anyone any ideas or have heard from Jeff?
    Noel

creekboy and blair like this.
  11. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I dont think he is far away, i chatted to him this morning.
    Pete

12. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    he is probably down one of his holes digging and will have to come up for a fish and and a chat sooner or later.

creekboy, Old fisho and Madfisher like this.
  13. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    I have chatted to jeff sunday on messenger so he is on FB at least, but I heard the rain had set in up where he is at so he cannot do much work on the gemstones. I am sure he will be back but I think the FB page is going to take off and now I am also an admin there hopefully we can get some good yarns happening. Head on over to the page to see what is coming up in the coming weeks.

blair likes this.
  14. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I'd be surprised if this forum is not in its final death throes.
    One post, placed with all the best intentions in the world, that might perhaps have been worded differently, was inadvertently taken the wrong way, and has stopped TBX dead in its tracks.
    Personally, I hate FB with a passion. Yes I joined the group but never look at it.

blair likes this.
  15. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Sure I get that Noel, some people dont like FB at all, but I guess you have to take it as it is - there are plenty of complete rubbish pages all over the internet - before Tbx went belly-up all those years ago we had a great mix of members, but after it went down they all went over to FB and created their own pages and did their own thing. I think the intentions of recreating that some community on the FB platform is a step forwards. Lets face it this site has a number of issues with Administration (or lack thereof) and issues uploading images from all sorts of devices, and coming from an IT background I even struggle to get piccies to load from my Mac or from either of my phones which are Android and iPhone - having the FB page there means I can take piccies and upload them on-the-go. It all comes down to personal preference, I will still drop in here when time permits and being a shift worker I often dont have the time to login every day. If Tbx was moderated diferently and we had a bigger base of active members I would try to put in more effort, but everyone has their reasons for taking time out or taking a break.

blair, Madfisher and Old fisho like this.
  16. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I hate face ache with a vengeance when my aches and pains subside a bit I will be back in the river with some more reports on other Jigs plastics and hard bodies yes the forum was running along quite nicely for a while even getting up to twice as many posts a day as that fishing Victoria mob were getting I must have missed those posts Noel but I did notice that all of a sudden the forum stalled I can't afford to buy any New gear 4 reviews so some fishing reviews later on we'll just have to do all the best everybody

blair and Old fisho like this.