1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Rod Bender coming your way.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Jim, everything seems to go to Sheparton even my Alvey Rod. This is the tracking of it for 4 days and looks like it could be heading your way again,LOL
    Wally

Consignment Events
    Hide
    Date
    Time Location Status
    24 Jun 2019 12:00 Freight Manifest Transmitted
    24 Jun 2019 15:11 Gold Coast Picked Up from Sender
    24 Jun 2019 20:08 Brisbane Airport Arrived at StarTrack Location for processing
    25 Jun 2019 02:03 Melbourne DFPC Received at StarTrack Location for processing
    25 Jun 2019 02:09 Melbourne DFPC Arrived at StarTrack Location for processing
    25 Jun 2019 06:21 Kilmore Received at StarTrack Location for processing
    26 Jun 2019 08:15 SHEPPARTON Received at StarTrack Location for processing
    26 Jun 2019 10:04 SHEPPARTON Received at StarTrack Location for processing
    26 Jun 2019 12:47 SHEPPARTON In Transit
    26 Jun 2019 17:32 MELBOURNE Received at StarTrack Location for processing
    26 Jun 2019 22:43 Melbourne DFPC Arrived at StarTrack Location for processing
    27 Jun 2019 06:57 Kilmore Received at StarTrack Location for processin

diesel, Old fisho, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Star track is partly owned by Australia Post. I have been told Linfox is another part owner. Qantas bailed out years ago. If you want to send a Christmas present via Star track you have to send it in January. They delivered one of my packages to the wrong address believe it or not it required receiver signature. On two other occasions I received text messages saying they were unable to deliver goods as I was not home. On both occasions Lyn and I were Home. They should change the name to wrong track.

3. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Well I rang them and told them we get are parcels from Seymour depot. They got back to me saying my parcel is a prioriy and will be sent to Seymour. We will see

4. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Arrived at Sheparton at 8 05 am, arrived again at Sheparton 10.01 am Today. Now what? We never had a problem when Mansfield express was operating, Since Wettenalls bought them and sacked all the drivers we only have Mt Buller Freight.

5. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I was at Dookie today when Star Track truck pulled up...I should have checked with the driver! :cool: You should say something to the company who you purchased the rod from. They need to know their courier of choice is useless!

On another note, I remember the thread about your old rod, what rod is it that you ordered?
    Cheers
    Jim

6. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Adventurer Alvey 500 7foot they had five in stock when I ordered now they are sold out.
    Wally

7. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    28 Jun 201908:05 SHEPPARTON Received at StarTrack Location for processing
    28 Jun 201910:01 SHEPPARTON Received at StarTrack Location for processing

Well the Rod is having a break in Sheparton after all its traveling this weel.
    Hope its still intact. LOL

8. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I've heard of double handling but this is bloody ridiculous

9. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    The tracking list looks impressive until you read it. How on earth can an article arrive in the same place twice; minutes apart? Startrack used to deliver stuff here but not for long. We're back with an Aust Post contractor and they seem infallible.

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  10. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    The big problem with StarTrack and ultimately Australia Post is that unless you have taken out insurance to cover the loss or damage to an article, you've done your dough.

I had an incident last year when caravan parts I was waiting on just happened to be on an Australia Post contractor truck that was burnt out with the loss of everything on board. I thought I would have been covered for compensation because the tracking number clearly showed that the parcel was on board the fire gutted truck. No way! AP would cover the freight charge only, but for the sender, not the receiver. The sender had to submit a detailed application for consideration and perhaps they would receive compensation in due course. All too bloody hard for the sake of recovering $10 postage costs. :mad:

Jeff

11. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Have you got it yet Wally? I saw a 'Startrack' van today at a post office in Shepp. I wondered if your rod was in there!!!!!:cool:
    Cheers
    Team Bender

diesel, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  12. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    You must have it by now Wally.

I ordered a part for my caravan last week from a mob in Queanbeyan and this is how it has been handled by Australia Post.

Fyshwick > Sydney > Brisbane > Warwick > Brisbane > Warwick > Brisbane > Sydney > Brisbane > ???

Latest notification states 'In Transit', to where is anybody's guess. Maybe it's on it's way to Shepparton. :confused:

Jeff

13. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I have dealt with them for years Jeff. Never have I experienced anything like that. They rate most highly, based on experience. Of course it is not Caravans Plus's doing, it's Aust Post in your case. N.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  14. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Yes, Noel, it is all Australia Post's doing or should I say not doing.

I've also been dealing with Caravans Plus for a number of years and cannot speak more highly of them - never ever had any problems. Generally, whenever I place an order with them I request Express Post and the parcel will arrive in 3 days without fail, but this time I wasn't in a hurry to receive the parcel so I selected normal post. One of the big problems we have here in Central Qld is that more than 60 different locations share the same postcode and it is not uncommon for mail to go missing for a while. Australia Post claim that there is nothing they can do to fix the problem of shared postcodes which occurs in numerous regions due to the lack of available numbers, but I call bullsh!t. Go to a 5 digit postcode right around the country and the problem is solved.

Jeff

15. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Seems are post code is similar anything out of Town is 3723 and in Town 3722

16. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Have you got it yet Wally? I showed a friend your post...he used to work for Star Track. He said it looks as though nobody wants to travel your way...so they send it elsewhere!
    Cheers
    Team Star Track
    To not go where others have boldly gone before!

17. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Yes Jim, after it left Shepparton where it spent the weekend it went to Benalla stayed there for 24 hrs and the following day it was delivered to Mansfield Post Office.
    Another Stuff Up.
    I had a Doona sent from SA by Toll it arrived three days later to Buller Freight who delivered the next day. We were in Geelong and I get a text from the Driver YOU HAVE A PARCEL TO PICK UP AT THE BARJARG STORE. Great the store is closed down we are in Geelong for another day. A freind picked it up for us and said it was in sight of the road as well.
    Ccontacting Buller Freight mentioning it is door to door delivery, I was told they don't have time to go off the Highway delivering. I asked if they would pick it up and take it back o the depot and I would pick it up,the answer NO. Thank goodness for freinds. Mansfield Express our couriers for years were bought out by Wettinals and they sacked all the drivers as they were so good but a threat to them. now we have a blow in that seems not to keen on service.

18. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Has it arrived yet?

19. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Jim Star track or Star Trek
    to a
    Yes, even given it a no fish session