1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Scents Again.

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Bluefin, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    The question of do they work, are they worth it ? This was asked again elsewhere , And this is My standard Reply.
    The final word on scents,They add Smell and Taste !! SAX Scent is My poison. Crab , Bloodworm, and Prawn for salt, Wassabi for Fresh. Wassabi is aniseed, The others DO contain Crab, Prawn and Bloodworm. Aussie Made in Port Macquarie. I have 3 flavours in the back of the boat, My wife has 2 up front, We won't put a lure in the water without it on. We want to give ourselves the best chance possible to catch fish!!!!!!!! Howard.

Old fisho, creekboy, diesel and 2 others like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    With you all the way on Sax Scent, Howard. I wont put a lure in the water without it, sp's, hardbodies, vibes, blades all get a smear and I am a firm believer that it does attract more hits.

Jeff

3. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    After the last thread discussing scents I had a look in the local tackle stores. I found some, and Sax may have been there, but the scents available were not found in the stores easily. As in, they were not 'in your face'! From memory, the ones they did have were in small containers and therefore rather expensive so I didn't bother. What size containers of Sax do you purchase Howard and price if you don't mind?
    cheers
    Jim

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  4. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    They have a web site, http://www.saxscent.com/ I get the 50 m/l.I put a lot on, A tube probably Lasts me 12 months. You only need to squeeze out 3 to 4 m/m . When it gets hard to squeeze out I cut it open to get my finger in. Doe's not go off if left open.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Umpteen years ago I used Halco scent in freshwater, can't remember it's name, it was in a yellow tube if I remember right. It stunk to hell, but it seemed to work. Probably a silly question but is there attractants for freshwater bait fishing.? (I use berley)

Old fisho likes this.
  6. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Aniseed Has long been recognized as a freshwater fish attractor. Sax scent wassabi is their fresh water scent, and it contains Aniseed oil.

Old fisho, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  7. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Thank's Howard, I'll try to pick up Sax scent. When I was Coarse fishing I used Aniseed, Strawberry essence, Coffee and a heap of other additives. I just want something to chuck into my tackle box.

Old fisho likes this.