1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Show us you fish cleaning setups.

Discussion in 'Preparation & Cooking' started by EPfarnie, May 10, 2017.

1. EPfarnie

EPfarnie Member

May 9, 2017
    Hi. Just wondering what fancy setups you guys have for cleaning your catch... after doing my back in cleaning my bag of squid one Easter i decided enough was enough and set about building a frame for an old sink i had lying around. This was the end result. IMG_1302.JPG
    I was originally going to plumb it in with taps and an outlet, but decided the hose nozzle nearby and the stainless bucket under the plug hole works just as well. The fish scraps go into the asparagus bed behind the mandarin tree... we bury the scraps, whack a brick on top of it to keep the neighbours pets from digging it up and rotate the brick clockwise every time we bury new fish waste.

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Active Member

Aug 17, 2016
    you've already exceeded anything I have....

EPfarnie and kev209 like this.
  3. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    I usually use the tray on the back of the ute. Or I have a 3 step ladder with a teflon cutting board bolted on top of it. Both are at a good height and I can clean my fish using salt water where I launch. Howard

Sprinter, kev209 and EPfarnie like this.
  4. EPfarnie

EPfarnie Member

May 9, 2017
    Cheers Sprinter.. it was a good little project to put together. The first "woodwork" I've really done so I was pretty stoked with how it turned out. After cutting the first couple of planks by hand I went and bought a cordless circular saw to cut the rest. Made the job a while lot easier.. the whole things' shelf together with a lot of timber screws and aquadere and about 3 coats of marine grade estapol so I'm hoping I'll get a few years out of it.

Sprinter and kev209 like this.