1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Show us your Cod's or even some perch

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by chicky, Dec 7, 2009.

1. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    thats a hell of a way to up grade your pb. i have never even caught a cod hahah

2. RyKnOw

RyKnOw New Member

Sep 16, 2009
    gee she a fat old girl that one mark! was she a local fish, cos thats a cracker for around here! tops

3. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    the bench mark has been set, you wont have my title for too long ;):lol::lol:

4. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    what you get it on

5. Rayc

Rayc New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    went out the other day and ran into a couple,
    this one in the first five minutes
    [​IMG]
    then this one a couple of hrs later
    [​IMG]
    the second ol girl managed to mangle the trebles on the codger but they just held long enough to land her, a couple of more head shakes and there would not have been a pic to show...
    [​IMG]

6. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    hey Rayc those are some fat and healthy lookin yellas you got there mate. great work! and also did ya get any lengths or weights on them?
    thanks

7. Rayc

Rayc New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    nope sorry Pressboy, best i can do is say that the butt section of the rod measures close to 27 so that puts the big girl ( Im guessing) in the mid to high 50's, i guess the other one is in the high 40's low 50's, nice fish for the water they came from and they came from roughly the same patch..so go figure on the diferent colour.
    Notice the slightly different length of tail and anal fin..also the fat one looked as though it was either getting ready to spawn or had just done so judging by her prolapsed vent. Almost looks like 2 diff species...what do other blokes reckon?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  8. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    yer mate the grass looks a nice healthy green, so either good waterin hole there or some decent rain recently.

9. Rayc

Rayc New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    or they've been irrigating ....

10. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    your right tail does look slightly deformed or odd shaped, maybe a hatchery fish (occasional deformities) and i thought they breed through spring sometime, but with 'climate change' they may of been triggered late as i know we didnt get our annual rains untill about 2 months after when we normally get them.

11. Joffa

Joffa New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Nice work Ray
    The bottom ones a ripper, have to travel far to get those;)
    They do look different maybe the smaller one's a male, I know with the Elephant fish & gummy sharks the female's seem to be much larger although not much of a colour difference.
    Cheers

12. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    rayc. there awsome fish. i have only ever got a few like that.

and yeah pressy is right with the hatchery deforms/mutation. maybe imbreed i dont no. but that certantly has let its eggs go because of how far out the vent is. (correct me if im wrong)

keep up the good work

13. Rayc

Rayc New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    hows it goin Joffa ?. .have to catch up one day soon...give us a yell when yr up this way and we'll oranise something.

14. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Great work Ray, some stonker fish there mate :p

15. Got Buckley's

Jul 25, 2008
    great fish ray, big fat fella that second one.

cheers

16. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    nice work ol boy :)

17. Norbs

Norbs New Member

May 27, 2008
    Belting cod Mark!!

Norbs,

18. Got Buckley's

Jul 25, 2008
    dont encourage him norbs, he knows it was a pisser :lol:

headed out with mark, dunc and pat the other day. We didnt do too well untill we found a fair school ( or schools ?? ) of reddies so with my tinny and two hobies we rounded them up for an hour which broke the boredom. If we had kept them all we would have needed 5 nets, they were very thick and a few good sized ones amoung them.

Then Patrik headed off for a pit stop and found the right spot to do it hooking a good yella first cast back in the hobie.

[YOUTUBE]FbD05eIjGDE[/YOUTUBE] ​

cheers ​