1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Show us your purchases!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    The spider is impressive! I saw the video a while ago. I have at least one Lunker Hunt lure...a rubber frog. They make some quality stuff. What is your target species....birds!!!:cool: Jokes aside, what will you chase with it?
    Cheers
    Team Kookaburra
    Eats spiders for brekky!

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    My first target will be a kid who lives up the track from me....he's sh!t scared of spiders.

I mainly bought it to add to my meagre collection of cod lures, but I'll give it a go on saratoga in the Dawson River not far from here. I hope to be somewhere down in southern NSW when the cod season opens in December, not sure yet if I will get down around your way, I'll work it out at the time.

Team Hairy Legs
    Scaring the crap out of kids & old ladies!

creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    If they don't scare the crap out of any fish nothing will. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 and diesel like this.
  5. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    A couple of freebies all the way from AFTA...thanks to one of the local tackle stores.
    squidgies.JPG
    The 'Flickbait' on the right, I misread it the first time!:cool:
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Needs to pay more attention!

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  6. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    A couple more freebies compliments of the local CA tackle store.
    stumpies.JPG

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  7. jedgpz

jedgpz Active Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Nice I like the colour.
    Price was good too.....
    Frequent Byer lures?
    Cheers
    Jed

8. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Partly that and the lures were also free for the store. And....wait....for...it....I help them write their fishing reports! Dave also gives me info on what is happening where so I will send him one of the stumpies. As for the report writing, it is very generic info on what is biting/not biting and roughly where. As well as techniques etc. I go by my fishing trips and Dave's help so don't be concerned, I do not lift other peoples info from forums and blab it! I pass on helpful hints like the time I set up a bright light near the channel bank to attract moths which would then attract fish maybe. Well, it attracted bats as I used a beam shining up rather than just a normal light. Bats were dive bombing into it, possibly after the insects!:cool:
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Always willing to share donut experience!

creekboy, kev209 and jedgpz like this.
  9. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Hopefully the last of my 'major' purchases!:cool: Two baitrunner reels which will sit on my Snyder Glas Contessa rods.
    baitrunner 50.JPG
    cheers
    Team Bender

10. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Good reels those. I remember when they first came out, I got one and it also had a fighting drag on the front. You would set it by the middle knob and could up it tension wise or lower it by a larger lever type section on the front drag. They dont have that anymore do they? I had a 4500 one of those on also the first of the Beastmaster rods. It was a great setup.
    I keep telling myself, "this is the last thing I need" but it seems like that "last cast" when your fishing. :D

creekboy, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  11. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    You aren't by any chance thinking of these rear drag spin reels are you?
    https://www.tacklebox.com.au/threads/rear-drag-spin-reels.7960/
    They had what they call a 'fighting drag', but at the back. And I love them! If you are not thinking of these by mistake then I would likely say no, they do not have what you are thinking of. And the rear drag spin reels on the link are not found that much anymore.
    cheers
    Jim

12. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Hi mate. No, the very first Shimano bait runners had a front fighting drag. They were pretty cool. I couldnt upload a picture so I put in in my avatar for you to see. You will see the centre knob drag adjuster and the lever type that that knob sits at the centre of. It was a lever drag spinning reel. :)

13. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Thanks. Hopefully the issue with downloading pics will be sorted some time.

creekboy, Chili and kev209 like this.